Wyoming South Region tags

wlbull

FNG
We have 2 WY South Region general elk tags. Historically have hunted DIY in NM & CO but am hearing private may be the way to go for this one. Thoughts?

wytx

WKR
Lol, good luck finding private to elk hunt.
Why ?
No shortage of elk on the NF and other public lands.

go_deep

WKR
How is this possible in the age of information at your finger tips that you applied for a license, didn't have any idea of where you'd even hunt said license if you drew, then FNG first post like everyone is going to give you everything you need for information, when if you spend 20 minutes of you own time on the G&F website you'd have all your answer???

wapitibob

WKR
How is this possible in the age of information at your finger tips that you applied for a license, didn't have any idea of where you'd even hunt said license if you drew, then FNG first post like everyone is going to give you everything you need for information, when if you spend 20 minutes of you own time on the G&F website you'd have all your answer???

When people give out the info within a day, the joke's on us.

KHNC

WKR
I'm positive we can figure it out but thanks for the comment
If you are positive, why even make the post in the first place? South region will likely be overrun with hunters on public anyway.

OP
W

wlbull

FNG
Quit acting dumb by looking for info on units you know have plenty of public land. You obviously applied to the south for a reason. I totally get why people hate these FNG posts now.

Quit acting dumb by looking for info on units you know have plenty of public land. You obviously applied to the south for a reason. I totally get why people hate these FNG posts now.

OP
W

wlbull

FNG
It was a simple question. We'll scout, research, & eventually figure it out. This is part of that process. i guess new guys can't ask questions here. From what we've heard there are roads every mile and a lot of road hunters. Thanks for the help and comments everyone

OP
W

wlbull

FNG
I guess Rokslide is a cool guy club. No "FNGs" allowed

Attachments

• IMG_9707.jpeg
    IMG_9707.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9266.jpeg
    IMG_9266.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9267.jpeg
    IMG_9267.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    771.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9269.jpeg
    IMG_9269.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 71

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess Rokslide is a cool guy club. No "FNGs" allowed

I don't think it has anything about being the cool kids club.

First anything shared on an open forum stays out there in the world wide web forever, which frankly has ruined a bunch of once great spots.

Second Rokslide is a community of like minded folks. I find this community to be very generous with helping one another. If that's something your interested in you'll need to join in and let people get to know you.

It's super frustrating to see people join every forum on the web after they draw a tag and ask where and when to go. Then drop off the map until they draw something again and start the process again the next year. Not saying that's you but it's made many people gun shy about sharing anything with FNG'S and part of the reason it's against the rules for FNG'S to ask unit specific questions.

Hope you stick around and enjoy this community, either way enjoy your hunt and good luck this season.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk