Xcurve vs Krux question

sivart

WKR
I tried the Krux, and really liked it. Other than didn't like the frame pulling away from my back when coming to full draw. My EXO feels great shooting with. Wondering if the Xcurve would be better?

Xcurve vs Krux is all about shape of your back. if you have a semi flat ,(normal) back the Krux is your frame. If you have a curved back then xcurve is your frame. I tried both at Stone glacier and the Krux is the frame for me. Have not tried shooting a bow with it ,but honestly that is something I have never considered when picking a frame.

Why are you worried about which pack would be better when shooting your bow when the purpose of the pack is to haul weight?

I’m not sure a different frame would change too much. Would changing the tension of the straps help? SG customer service is excellent and giving them a call might help.

Personally, I’m not sure I would put my whole pack decision into that one factor though.

JNDEER

WKR
For me I feel the EXO gives the least resistance when shooting my bow of the top packs. However- when the adrenaline is going I don’t feel the resistance as much- but do notice my shot groupings not as on point with packs that had more resistance.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I just always loosen my shoulder harness straps on a setup with my bow, primarily my right.

I’ve hunted with both and don’t really find a huge difference for me. One thing to consider is that while the stay shape helps focus where/how much lumbar pressure there is, you can also tweak that with the lumbar pad itself. The other thing is the xcurve stays bend back past vertical at the top - they actually bend back over your upper back. Depending on your height, that may or may not work well.

Run the Krux for past 3 seasons and really like it. Archery elk in Montana can happen fast and may be unable to take pack off. I often practice with a loaded pack for this very reason

I just always loosen my shoulder harness straps on a setup with my bow, primarily my right.
I think this is pretty important, especially for archery hunting, but unless I have over 30# in my pack, I keep everything more loose. It’s the better compromise for me. It isn’t quite as comfortable to have everything more loose, but it’s certainly not difficult or a problem, and if I have everything cinched up, I absolutely have variations in poi, same with restrictive clothes like a rain jacket with the cuffs tight.

If I’m not carrying my bow, I will usually have things snugged up more, but if I might be shooting my bow, loosen up the shoulder straps and no load lifter tension