You receive more than you ordered POLL

If you receive more than you order, you do what?

• I send back the extra box of bullets for $8 and include a note of what happened

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d just keep them.
No harm, no foul, as they say.

I bet if you call them, they’ll say the same.
Return shipping, restocking, your time, etc…probably won’t be worth their time to fix their mistake.

Last edited:
Nothing is ever free, somewhere down the line you wind up paying for it one way or the other, call them explain what happened and go from there.

Drenalin

WKR
I ordered some stuff online a few years ago and mistakenly received some Sitka gear I didn’t order. I emailed the vendor and called twice, but didn’t get a response so I sold the extras on eBay. I voted for the last option as that seems like the right thing to do, but if the vendor can’t or won’t hold up their end I wouldn’t feel too bad for them.

I ordered some stuff from the Kuiu outlet and they sent me two of everything i ordered. It was all their casual shirts. I was thrilled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
Like others have said, I’d call and ask how the vendor wanted to handle the situation.

I’m sure the OP has called the vendor already. I mean come on… who would want the gods of hunting and accuracy to curse them by keeping those bullets and knowing you’d never get an acceptable load worked up with them, or all the bad luck they’d bring you on any hunt you used them on?

I had a similar situation recently. I ordered a sling from Midway. After almost 2 weeks without tracking updates, we assumed UPS had lost the package. Midway sent another and a few days later both slings were delivered by UPS. I called and they sent a shipping label to have one returned. The return label was USPS, not UPS.
I had a similar experience with Midway. After a week or so with no tracking, they sent out a replacement order.

grfox92

WKR
10 years ago I sent a Reconyx trail camera in for warranty work. A few weeks later I received a large box from Reconyx in the mail. I thought it was strange to send such a big box.

I opened it up and found 6 cell cams, 2 bear boxes, some brackets, 8 SD card cameras and a bunch of SD cards. All brand new. I believe it was over $2k worth of cameras. Inside was a packing slip for a sporting goods store in Louisiana. The shipping label was for me. At the time, I could barley afford an $80 camera and here thr trail cam fairy dumped a lifetime supply of cameras on my door step.

So I opened them all and started running them.

Just kidding. I called them and told them what happened and they thanked me and sent me a shipping label. I thought maybe they would have hooked me up for being honest, but I never got anything from them .

I would always just do what was morally right.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

cjdewese

WKR
If its Amazon, i keep it. Anywhere else i would contact the vendor and see what they wanted.

If its Amazon, i keep it. Anywhere else i would contact the vendor and see what they wanted.
right or wrong, I tend to treat bigger businesses differently. I had a big box sporting goods retailer double my order and I just chalked it up to luck. I had a small outdoor company send me a pricey extra item With an order. I called them and shipped it back (on their dime) To them. They gave me a discount on the next order.

Anytime I need to stop and ask myself if I am being ethical or fair I change direction because its likely I am not. At my age I to to get all the good sleep at night I can get.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Heck, I even correct cashiers when they've given me too much change. I'm so anal that it has to be right regardless whether it's to my benefit or theirs.

twall13

WKR
A couple of years ago when Offgrid Food Co was still around I had ordered a bunch of meals from them. For whatever reason on their end, I got two separate shipments each containing my full order. I sent them an email explaining what had happened. They thanked me for my honesty. Rather than ship them back, they offered me a huge discount, which I happily paid, to keep the second order. They were able to cover costs and I didn't have any guilt about getting more than I'd paid for.

Mistakes happen, I've found it's best to get with the company and work it out when they do. They are typically appreciative and work with you, but regardless, I feel better about my actions when I do.

I’m honest with all vendors, except I have to admit I treat Amazon a little differently. The reason is it can be so difficult to get them to deal with a situation like this, that it’s not worth my time. Their customer service is pretty “ cookie cutter” Probably not worth theirs either.

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
My wife got an Apple Watch in an Amazon package, you wouldn’t believe the hoops we had to jump through in order to contact them. After about an hour of trying to figure it out and getting automated responses we finally talked a a real life person….they just told us thanks and to keep it

3forks

WKR
Is it 6.5 Creedmoor ammo?

I ask because on another forum, a guy said he was shipped an extra box of ammo too.

When he called the vendor, they informed him the extra 6.5 CM ammo was a special the manufacturer was running to celebrate gay pride month.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I figure if I was shorted this item, I'm going call and ask when are they gonna ship it (provided receipt doesn't say backordered), so I'm sure going to call and tell them they sent me too much, esp if its a mom and pop/local place.

I ordered a ice fishing rod from a company and they sent me that and a 9' trolling rod, no note, no explanation, it wasnt from a big box store but not quite a mom and pop store.

i kept it and use it. Thanks Thorne Bros.