Your favorite hunting knife?

BigDaveAR

FNG
if you had to chose one knife to take hunting with you what would it be? Or do you take several? I’ve always used the outdoor edge replacement blade type knives but they don’t have much backbone. Any recommendations?

Pdzoller

WKR
I got a really small Tyto fixed blade that was a limited production. I don’t remember what model it was but I absolutely love this thing. Just skinned and boned out a bear, knife was still sharp enough to shave my arm hair.

Zdub02

WKR
My favorite is a DMKU that my buddy got me in Alaska. But its a skinning knife so I normally use multiple knives for differnt tasks (gutting, skinning, deboning, processing, etc)

Huntchic

FNG
I carry 3 normally. I guess it depends on what is needed. I carry a outdoor edge in my pack for skinning and butchering. Old pocket knife I've had for 30+ years for general use and a Kurki Knife for fire wood, brush use and anything a pocket knife cant do. If i had to only have one i would pick the pocket 3" knife.

Poochie

FNG
I use a Gerber fixed blade with a serrated edge. It’s small, about 5 inches long but very effective.
Love it!

For a hunting trip where weight is important I carry the same pocket knife I carry most every day Benchmade Bugout and have an Argali Serac in my kill kit.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Hi BigDave,

I tend to prefer USA-made Buck knives for most of my knives. For most of my deer hunting in the Midwest I carry a Buck 119 that's 25 years old. If hunting the mountain west I carry a Buck 110 lite plus an outdoor edge. I have a new Bear and Sons (made in USA) fixed blade bird and trout knife coming soon.