Your First Shot on a Cold Bore is the most important.

Maybe Rokslide is a group of Elite and dedicated shooters and "rarified air". But even in the higher end semi custom off the shelf....in my experience....there's a TON of shift from true, out of the safe and onto the range Cold Bore zero and those shots to follow for the rest of the afternoon.

In my experience....getting steel plates the size of a VW Bug to clang at 1000 yards isn't toooo terribly hard if you have decent dope in your ap, a semi true FPS and minimal wind.

But the photo you posted at the very begining of a true DC hit in the dot (assuming that's a cold bore zero check) is impressive.

I think most guys are happy being on the fringe of a 2" sticker at 100 yards and call it ZERO. Again....you'll bang steel way out there. ANd I feel it gives you a false sense of Hero. This is where legs and faces get blown off and gut plumbing gets drug up and over the mountain, yet is seldom shown on your YT channel.

I am going to drag a few rifles out Saturday and test true Cold Bore zero just to gut check myself.

I thought us bowhunters thought too much about technical crap! :oops:
Oh....you do. I fling a ton of arrows and compete often. But I am ballistic nerd and rifle nerd....you guys with half ins and half outs and Americium inserts and calculating the half life of your left helical, right twisted bowstrings are BONKERS

Lastly, I think a great test would be a 120 second time limit to Cold Bore a 1 MOA target that's unknown to you. That's get your distance, read your wind, run your Ap, crank your turrrets and make a shot.

True cold bore and ammo.

Think most of us would be done inside 500 yards. Me included. I'd have to really dedicate time to ONE rifle/Ammo combo and run the piss out of it all Spring and Summer.

Look it up.

Based on its mass, the sun's gravitational attraction to the Earth is more than 177 times greater than that of the moon to the Earth.

Gotta pay particular attention to moon cycles too, as gravitational pull is additive.

And who knows what kind of violence that does to a bullet!

P

At what distances does that gravity start to have an effect on a bullet? Let’s say an average sized bullet, like a 140 grain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Article 4

Article 4

WKR
Look it up.

Based on its mass, the sun's gravitational attraction to the Earth is more than 177 times greater than that of the moon to the Earth.

Gotta pay particular attention to moon cycles too, as gravitational pull is additive.

And who knows what kind of violence that does to a bullet!

P
Can you help me understand your premise?

We know this to be true:
Due to the suns gravitation pull on a human body, you will weigh a bit more at 6 am and 6 pm than you do at midnight and noon. If you draw a line from your feet to the center of the Earth and from the center of the Earth to the center of the Sun at 6 am or 6 pm, you'll make a right triangle (because the Sun is at the horizon). A component of the force from the Sun actually pulls you a bit downward, and in a sense, presses you harder against the ground also, and then again pulls you away from the surface as the earth moves around the sun.
So the answer is that yes, you weigh more at midnight than at noon and we also know that the amount is so small that it is calculably insignificant.

How then do we calculate the change in trajectory of a cold bore, or hot bore shot based on a bullets overall weight which is approximately .000012 percent less than a human? Which then would mean that an insignificant effect on a 180 lb human would be then 1.2MM less of an effect on a bullet.

Do you have some specific data that shows a reliable mathematical constant that a shooting app or person should calculate based on your premise?

Can you help me understand your premise?

We know this to be true:
Due to the suns gravitation pull on a human body, you will weigh a bit more at 6 am and 6 pm than you do at midnight and noon. If you draw a line from your feet to the center of the Earth and from the center of the Earth to the center of the Sun at 6 am or 6 pm, you'll make a right triangle (because the Sun is at the horizon). A component of the force from the Sun actually pulls you a bit downward, and in a sense, presses you harder against the ground also, and then again pulls you away from the surface as the earth moves around the sun.
So the answer is that yes, you weigh more at midnight than at noon and we also know that the amount is so small that it is calculably insignificant.

How then do we calculate the change in trajectory of a cold bore, or hot bore shot based on a bullets overall weight which is approximately .000012 percent less than a human? Which then would mean that an insignificant effect on a 180 lb human would be then 1.2MM less of an effect on a bullet.

Do you have some specific data that shows a reliable mathematical constant that a shooting app or person should calculate based on your premise?

Atta boy bill nye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s more about the change in ballistic coefficient as a factor of tidal stresses, given distance and time.

Google “tidal stress and coriolis effect,” the explanation is better than what I could post.

P

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
It’s more about the change in ballistic coefficient as a factor of tidal stresses, given distance and time.

Google “tidal stress and coriolis effect,” the explanation is better than what I could post.

P
I supported my premise @Pharmseller made the unsupported premise. Shouldnt you ask him?

@Article 4
Nah it seems he made it pretty clear how to read on the subject. He provided research to his hypothesis.

All you said was false. Again do you have anything to say to actually back up and support your false statement or are you just making unsubstantiated claims?

Stalker69

WKR
Excellent point. I make sure to track the position of the sun as well, given the fluctuating gravitational pull.

I used to track the moon also but the sun is much more important.

P
Depending on which time zone your in, then the moon can have a much much greater influence.