Your gear upgrades/changes/additions for 2024

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
What changes are you making to your 2024 loadouts and why?

Upgrades, additions, and changes from functionality to comfort.

Let her rip.

At the moment I'm focusing on weight reduction.

Switched up from a Vortex Razor 65mm to a Kowa 554. Better glass and drop over a pound.

Planning on adding a Durston X-mid to dropa couple lbs from the dragonfly 3p I've been carrying for solo trips.

Between those 2 items and a couple small things I'm planning on leaving behind this season, I should drop about 4lbs.

Sold the spotting scope, 12x50 binos, and dropping the bipod.

Switched to the the furry AB’s. Going to shoot off the pack and Leofoto tripod. Also going to record through a trigger cam instead of the spotting scope.

Switching to 6PRC to spot shots

Moved from Leupold to Maven and trijicon for piece of mind and ffp

Moving from a K3 (slides down my ass) to a K4 or IA - jury is still out

Plan on going from a 20* quilt to a zenbivy or WM down bag still not sure yet...

Going to try the Elk Bros soloist bugle tube as I’ll likely be calling for myself.

And I got an Ultimate Predator Decoy I may mix in.

Everything else from my bow, pack, and optics down to my socks and underwear will be the same.

I’m pretty dialed in on what I like and need. Only real change this year may be a pair of 15x binos for coues and Barbary sheep.

Nikon HG binos possibly, I have to pick them up and have 15 days to return them if I don’t think they are that much better than the Nikon M5 s I have now.
Some Crispi boots

-Went to a lighter glassing tripod (sirui traveller & tricer head)
-goat knives tur
-grakksaw game bags
-hiking food/nutrition

Ultimate goal is to get lighter which I’ve made some strides with. Biggest improvement will be with food menu for extended trips and not having to carry a heavy bag of food.

Upgraded backpacking gear;

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3
EXO K4 (Never realized what I was missing out on basic packs.

Wanting to add a new sleeping bag, to hopefully lose about 3 pounds and get a nice sleeping pad

Gear;

Added a can to my 6.5cm.

Hoping of getting Maven B6 binos for the fall And upgrading my range finder

Adding a Inreach mini this summer.

That's it so far.

Replaced Seek Unaweep 4800 with an Exo K4 5000.

Replaced Sawyer Squeeze with a Steripen.

Replaced an MSR Pocket Rocket with a Jetboil

Replaced a Trophy Ridge Dropaway with a Hamskee limb driven rest

Replaced a cheap Burris Fullfield with an SWFA 10X

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I became a buy once cry once kind of guy about 20 years ago. Some of my equipment is older but it all works great and I am satisfied with it. I don't really have any equipment upgrades planned for this year.
I will probably add another pair of pants and a top just like I do every year. If I can find a heavier jacket that blows my skirt up I might spring for it. I ripped my current heavy jacket last year. Not sure if itvcan be repaired to suit me.

Back