Your gear upgrades/changes/additions for 2024

alexnelon

FNG
Switched from Vortex DBT 4-16 to Nightforce SHV F1 4-14 mil
Bought an OCL Polonium 30 (still in jail)
got rid of my heavy Kelty Mistral pad for a Big Agnes Rapide SL
Ordered a whole mess of LS Wild ultralight shooting bags

and then drew ZERO tags. Pray for me.

Swapping the Kowa TSN-602 for a Swaro STC

Swapping the Cimarron for a Durston X-Mid-1P. Might get the Argali Absaroka 4p in the future, but for now my hunting partner also has a Cimarron

Swapping the Zeiss v4 4-16x44 SFP for a Maven RS1.2 once they're back in stock.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a pair of Vortex Razor 10x42s, and a Soto Windmaster stove back in in December.

Otherwise, no changes for the foreseeable future. It my be the last season with my current pair of boots, but we'll see how they hold up.

I'm also trying to hold off on a 40 degree quilt for the early season. It'd be a nice to have, but far from a necessity.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel, AR-10 in .243. I finally got them completely assembled and scoped. I really love the Grendel. AR-10 is a bit heavier than I thought it would be. Very might be a new pair of Meindls in my near future. $4K worth of forestry mulching on my property in MO, can't wait to hunt the cleared property again.

manitou1

WKR
Spartan bipod.
15x binos in lieu of the spotter this year.
Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 to simplify things.
If course new non-magnetic bino pack due to RF binos.

A heavier rifle...🥴😖

twall13

WKR
I had to get a new rangefinder as the display went out on my old Sig Kilo 2000. I was looking at Maven, Sig, and possibly Revic and Leica but thought I'd reach out to Sig and see what they'd do for me first. They let me upgrade to a Kilo 4k for only $200 under warranty so I guess I'm giving that a go this year.

I also picked up a Sitka Arrowhead MDWI from a fellow Rokslider and so far I'm really liking it.

I have TBAC Ultra 5 coming soon but I haven't figured out the rifle I'm putting it on yet so we'll see how that progresses.

Other than that I don't plan on too many changes this year. Of course being a gear junky I'm sure other things will come up...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

sold 10’s and 15’s and got a pair of NL 12’s
Will upgrade to revic br4 by hunting season
New sthealthy glassing pad foldable
And whatever else is needed haven’t backpacked in awhile so probably be some upgrades for a trip this season

striped1

FNG
Planning on moving to the inreach Mini 2. Probably this weekend given it is $100 off at Scheels and Cabelas

bigbuckdj

WKR
-I’m a little over halfway to removing 40 pounds of bacon off my butt
-gonna try a flextail zero for airing up my sleeping pads
-much lighter boots
-msr pocket rocket deluxe replacing my brs3000

Geewhiz

WKR
Need a new pair of boots
Selling some shelters to buy an argali absoroka
dd enticer lti (on a new rifle I haven't hunted with)
arca plate on my rifle so I have the ability to shoot from a tripod although I don't really see myself needing to
new shoes for the pickup if that counts
need to buy a jump pack for my pickup

And dang I might need a boat for a tag I drew but I don't want to buy one. Anybody have a boat and live around fort peck that I could put on speed dial? Will pay cash for a ride if I need one.

MTHokie

Lil-Rokslider
I ended my fruitless efforts trying to create a good hunting pack out of non/not good hunting packs. My Osprey Zenith and my Cabela's frame pack will now sit at home during hunting season. I dropped the coin for an SG Col 4800. I already know my hips and back are going to thank me.

Purdue

FNG
New Stone Glacier bag and a one man Alps Mountaineering tent, should shave off a few lbs.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Added a Jetstream jacket for a steal of a deal from a garage sale. some new boots that the ol lady got me towards the end of last season as a surprise. Dehydrating my own meals to really shave the weight and costs off.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
Bought some "Gucci" clothing, to replace some older pieces. Really impressed with my purchase thus far. Also possibly either aquiring a new rifle or changing optics on a current rifle for longer range capabilities.

For western hunting, switching back to my xcurve from the k4, ditching crispis for vivo tracker esc, and replacing an evernew dirty bag with a cnoc. If it ends up being a solo hunt, the g43 will replace my bear spray.

Eastern hunting, lots of changes to better hunt deer from a tree:
Sitka fanatic set
Timber ninja saddle
Slick rick one stick
Dual jrb cinch + longhorn agile hitch rope system

Potential upgrades:
Sg grumman to replace an uncompahgre
Sg R3 to replace the xcurve + sky archer

grfox92

WKR
For western hunting, switching back to my xcurve from the k4, ditching crispis for vivo tracker esc, and replacing an evernew dirty bag with a cnoc. If it ends up being a solo hunt, the g43 will replace my bear spray.

Eastern hunting, lots of changes to better hunt deer from a tree:
Sitka fanatic set
Timber ninja saddle
Slick rick one stick
Dual jrb cinch + longhorn agile hitch rope system

Potential upgrades:
Sg grumman to replace an uncompahgre
Sg R3 to replace the xcurve + sky archer
Just out of curiosity, why are you ditching the K4?

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Jon_G

WKR
I wasnt getting anything new this year....

So far I have aquired 2 SG sleeping bags and a SG pack. I got a Hyperion K in December but haven't shot it yet. I have some Zeiss SFLs and a Garmin Fenix 7 Pro Solar in my cart I am debating on.

It never ends.
If you don't mind me asking. I have a nemo backpacking sleeping bag that is ridiculously lightweight and comfortable and got it for $200. Why are those hunting brand sleeping bags so damn expensive?

Submitted paperwork yesterday for a SilencerCo Scythe ti

Also thinking about getting the new SG bino harness as I only have the cheep vortex one that came with my binos several years ago.

If funds are there and I may also get a merino base layer with a hood and get the SG helio pullover without the hood. Currently have this setup in reverse. And I think I would prefer the hood on my next to body layer in case I shed layers I still would have a hood.

Other than that maybe watch for some deals to get some stuff for spring bear hunting next year.