Your Power Song...right now..

The song you put on....to straighten your posture, finish your drink, look out the window and say I got this.
Man, thinking about this I don't know I have one. I'm at a point where I listen to music that levels out the feeling of sadness from being a slave to the system. I'm approaching 50 though, so maybe I'm priming for my midlife crisis.

Not necessarily power, but I’ve been digging on a lot of Cracker. I hated them for the longest time because radio overplayed the song Low. But I really overlooked Johnny Hickman’s guitar licks. That 1979 Les Paul has some serious tone. Euro trash girl is a pretty good tune and video.

Gonna set the bar high...Carmina Burana, O Fortuna. Next The Ride of the Valkyries, Wagner...Then Imperial March, John Williams (StarWars).
I'm GenX, 53yrs.

Then Only the Young, Journey.

ps. All bands have one good song. My tastes are vast and across all genres.

Journey is always a good choice and I feel Only the Young is a bit underrated. Been to see them four times.

Ride of the Valkyries is on all my workout playlist.

Can't say this is my top five list but at least one of these will alway be in my top five, if that makes sense.

Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve
Everybody Wants Some, Van Halen
My Body, Young the Giant
Seven Nation Army, White Strips
Float On, Modest Mouse.

Music is so subjective and mood based, I could do a top five or ten for every feeling and occasion😂

Swamp Fox

WKR
Really?? Thats top ten...and even top ten for me isn't everyday. I can't fit in Jelly Roll and B-52's if I go southern.

No idea what you're saying.

But Jelly Roll is not even in the race (hardy har har) and the only thing Southern about the B-52s is that they're from a Georgia town with a football team.

matthewmt

WKR
Turnpike trubidors "the rut" is a good tune, don't know about "power song" but check it out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
Listened to this about a hundred times on a long hike last week.
Tried to start a music thread about it, but I don’t have enough likes yet.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Lately

Upon a Burning body - another ghost

knocked loose - Mistakes like fractures. Really anything by knocked loose

I prevail - gasoline
escuela grind - ball and chain
Whitechapel - The enitre live in the valley album