Youth arrows

Sykes

WKR
Hey guys my oldest boy is 9 and we got him and his brother each a Bear Royale bow for Christmas last year. He competed in the 4H shooting sports this year and won the Jr division in both .22 and archery. Originally we had just bought some cheap diamond archery arrows from scheels with the bows. I want to get him some new arrows for next year, and he wants to shoot rabbits this winter. What arrows should I look for? Weight and spline? Should I consider buying shafts and cutting and fletching them myself? That means I'd need a saw and fetching jig too. Or are there some good arrows out there all ready to go?

Thanks guys

OR Archer

WKR
If he’s wanting to shoot at rabbits and you have a Scheels just get him some of the Vendetta arrows from there in a 500 spine. You can get him a dozen for about $100 and they’ll be perfect for what he wants to do.

jmez

WKR
Kids will go through a lot of arrows. I just take all mine that I wreck,cut them down, and my boys shoot those.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with those Diamond arrows, but if they hit where he's aiming, what more do you need? Screw on some blunts or judo points and go whack some wabbits.

If you insist on new arrows, Bass Pro Blackouts (which are rebranded Gold Tip Hunters) or the aforementioned Scheels Vendettas (rebranded Victory VForce) are good budget-friendly options. Dynamic arrow spine is a function of draw weight, arrow length, and point weight. A compound bow can typically handle a fairly wide range of spines, so I wouldn't fret much over spine. Something around 500-600 should be close enough for that bow.

Building your own arrows can be enjoyable and possibly cheaper in the long run given enough volume. But the DIY route is by no means necessary to get a quality arrow; there are plenty of places to buy high quality ready to shoot arrows.

rideold

WKR
You can pick up the Easton 6.5mm Bowhunter arrows from Lancaster for just a shade under $40 for a half dozen. Decent price for a pretty good arrow. They also have some Gold Tip youth/beginner arrows for a bit less but the Easton ones seem like the sweet spot for me in terms of price and quality.

my daughter shoots axis sport arrows. she is shooting a 24" draw at 32 lbs. shooting a 700 spine shaft. With how short the arrows are I can get them to spin pretty well but cutting off the wobble.