Zamberlan 966 SAGUARO GTX

I just recently got a pair of the 981 Wasatch, basically the taller version. I'm still breaking them in but so far they have been pretty comfortable. The build quality seems excellent. I've worn Lowa Tibets on trips to Wyoming the last couple years. My Tibets feel great after breaking them in, but the Zamberlans were more comfortable right out of the box. My only complaint with the Tibets is that they are somewhat wide in the forefoot, allowing my foot to move around. I lost a toenail coming down with an elk quarter last year. The Zamberlans are a little narrower so I'm going to give them a try.

I have a pair. They are basically to the 960 what the 981 wasatch is to the 980.

The 980s have been my go to's the past couple years for most mountain hunts but I liked the idea of the new build and shorter boots in the 966. They list the last as being the same throughout 960/966 and 980/981 but the 966's tear up my heels in a way the 980s never have. Otherwise they fit the same and they are a great blend of support, comfort , and stiffness. I'm going to take them into a cobbler to see if they can stretch the heels out a bit to accommodate my funky feet.

OP
C
I have a pair. They are basically to the 960 what the 981 wasatch is to the 980.

The 980s have been my go to's the past couple years for most mountain hunts but I liked the idea of the new build and shorter boots in the 966. They list the last as being the same throughout 960/966 and 980/981 but the 966's tear up my heels in a way the 980s never have. Otherwise they fit the same and they are a great blend of support, comfort , and stiffness. I'm going to take them into a cobbler to see if they can stretch the heels out a bit to accommodate my funky feet.
Hows the room in the toe area?