Zeiss with discount VS Other "like new" binos

Shopping for an 8x42 bino, and I can get either of two Zeiss variants at 45% off msrp: Conquest HD at $535, or Victory SF at $1570. While neither of these would be my first choice at retail prices, I'm having a hard time deciding if others should still be considered given the discount. Since it seems many binos can be had used but in "like new" condition for similar markdowns from msrp, is the fact that the Zeiss' actually are brand new with full manufacturer warranty enough to make purchasing one of these a no-brainer?

Ronb

WKR
Zeiss with discount VS Other "like new" binos

I own el’s and wouldn’t think twice about picking up those sf’s. Just spitting hairs once you get to that level. I believe the best thing going for the SF’s is a crazy wide field of view and it balances amazing, which in turn makes it feel lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Why wouldn't Zeiss be your first choice is the question you have to ask yourself. If you don't like them because they aren't clear image or don't work with your eyes/hunting style, then no, you are wasting money purchasing them.

The Zeiss Victory SF's are very, very nice binoculars, and that's a fantastic price. Unless you're dead set on something else I don't know why you would hesitate on this decision. That being said, if you're dead set on different binos, buy the ones you actually want, because owning something else won't stop you from wanting whatever it is that you actually want. Nothing worse than spending thousands of dollars and still being dissatisfied with the purchase.

Ten Bears

WKR
I have had the 8x42 SF and 10x42 SF from Zeiss. Absolutely love them and that is a great price on them. You will not regret it.

I used the conquest 10x42s on a couple of trips and I thought they were very good glass. Would love to look through the sf.

OP
P
I can get the discount through a friend at a sporting goods store. Can't really say much else, but Zeiss is the only optic company offering a discount to this particular store.

I get that SF's for $1500 are better than Swaro's at retail. My hang up is that I could get barely used Swaro SLC HD for maybe even a bit less, or EL's for a bit more.

LandYacht

WKR
Have you tried both? Get the one that your eyes like the best. I vastly prefer the Zeiss HTs to the offerings from Swaro. There’s plenty on here that prefer the Swaro to the Zeiss. In the end, only your eyes can tell you the answer. Try both brands and decide based on what you see. The SLC vs the HT and the EL vs the SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk