Zenbivy Bed?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm too chicken-s**t to do this.

My nightmare is having my down sleeping bag/quilt somehow get wet, and then a snowstorm rolls in...

I know for sure I'm falling victim to the "We pack for our fears" thing, but I just can't shake the paranoia. A dry sleeping bag can save your life in the mountains. So I run a drybag.

Definitely adds weight, and not as efficient (voids in pack.)
Nylafume pack liner if you're that concerned, or a trash bag. Dry bags are a thousand times overpriced for what they do

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm too chicken-s**t to do this.

My nightmare is having my down sleeping bag/quilt somehow get wet, and then a snowstorm rolls in...

I know for sure I'm falling victim to the "We pack for our fears" thing, but I just can't shake the paranoia. A dry sleeping bag can save your life in the mountains. So I run a drybag.

Definitely adds weight, and not as efficient (voids in pack.)

If you are really worried, just use a contractor bag and make your entire backpack waterproof. You can put wet stuff in the pack on TOP of the folded/twisted contractor bag. Also, modern bag materials are extremely water resistant. There are a few threads on here where Robby and others have done some crazy testing.

I love my lite bed 10º its little heavier than id like but well worth it to get great sleep. Thinking of getting a 25º quilt for early season elk.

Is anyone running the 25 lite bed with puffy pants and coat instead of the 10 lite bed? My pants and coat are 8oz each. This will save 1lb for sleeping bag and $70. Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB1

FNG
Oh man, I have a feeling this thread will cost me some money or talk me into getting rid of my WM badger to try this. Seems heavy but a cool idea.

Yes ... a pair of clean merino longjohns and LS shirt keeps your sleep system less funky and adds insulation.

I thought everyone did this??
I do too. Beyond Merino Wool pants and shirt. Wicks moisture away and keeps sweat from forming bacteria. Never thought of this as mountain jammies, lol.

Last edited:
I’ll add this as it hasn’t been brought up anywhere, that I’ve seen.

I ripped one of the little clips off the sheet this year by my own stupidly and taped it up to get me through the hunt. Word to the wise here, always separate the quilt from the sheet when stuffing it in a dry bag. I thought I’d get cute and keep them both attached to save myself like 30 seconds of effort when we set camp that night.

Anyways I sent an email to their CS. In return, I received a paid label to send it to their repair facility which was in OR and received it back within a few weeks. Didn’t cost me a dime.

Pretty solid considering I was the cause of the issue.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I’ll add this as it hasn’t been brought up anywhere, that I’ve seen.

I ripped one of the little clips off the sheet this year by my own stupidly and taped it up to get me through the hunt. Word to the wise here, always separate the quilt from the sheet when stuffing it in a dry bag. I thought I’d get cute and keep them both attached to save myself like 30 seconds of effort when we set camp that night.

Anyways I sent an email to their CS. In return, I received a paid label to send it to their repair facility which was in OR and received it back within a few weeks. Didn’t cost me a dime.

Pretty solid considering I was the cause of the issue.

That’s good.

I keep it together when storing, however, I don’t get aggressive with stuffing it.

Red33

FNG
I use an EE quilt along with a thermarest pad, and just picked up a ZenBivy sheet because I disliked sleeping directly on the pad. I made some minor modifications to the sheet and this thing seems to be the best of both worlds- lightweight with the quilt and about 1.5oz for the sheet to hold the pillow in place and keep me from sleeping directly on the pad. Only used it once so far (still lots of snow in Idaho), but it is by far the best sleep system I have found so far.

I use an EE quilt along with a thermarest pad, and just picked up a ZenBivy sheet because I disliked sleeping directly on the pad. I made some minor modifications to the sheet and this thing seems to be the best of both worlds- lightweight with the quilt and about 1.5oz for the sheet to hold the pillow in place and keep me from sleeping directly on the pad. Only used it once so far (still lots of snow in Idaho), but it is by far the best sleep system I have found so far.
Mind dropping some photos of the modifications you made to do that? I’ve been trying to find someone who could build me a 10-20* synthetic quilt with the same specs and attachment points as the down ZB. THAT, would be the absolute cats ass.

Red33

FNG
Mind dropping some photos of the modifications you made to do that? I’ve been trying to find someone who could build me a 10-20* synthetic quilt with the same specs and attachment points as the down ZB. THAT, would be the absolute cats ass.
I may take it out again for bear if I pack in- if so I'll post pics. I just put a small snap w/ 1" shock cord that I had laying around on the 20 degree EE quilt and thread it through the Zen sheet loops. Not perfect and I'm sure someone with a sewing machine can make something that doesn't look so hokey and probably works better, but it works fine for me. Four clips the same size as the EE clips with 1/2" loop to attach to the fast sheet would be perfect, but I haven't found them yet. Been looking... With this setup it would be perfect.