New rule for posting in the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeC

FNG
When I was new to the whole online forum/classifieds thing I got jacked on a 600 dollar bow purchase on another site, so I can see the need. Hopefully it helps with the problem.

Maverick1

WKR
Post count +1! Also, just check out some of their posts and when they joined, should give you a starting point. Thanks!

weaver

WKR
Classifieds are one thing archerytalk does better than anyone but it seems like a complex system to install.

Paying the 3% on PayPal is really a no-brainer.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Classifieds are one thing archerytalk does better than anyone but it seems like a complex system to install.

Paying the 3% on PayPal is really a no-brainer.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Unless you want to search for something

I frequent another site that gives silver and gold designations for contributions to the site. If you are not a silver or gold member you cannot post to the classifieds. The contribution amount was nominal. I think it was $25 for silver and $50 for gold. That really cuts down on the amount of scammers posting false items.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve seen this on other forums also. On one forum in particular, their limit was 10. It wasn’t uncommon for someone new who wanted to answer a WTS/WTB to post 10 worthless messages in a matter of minutes. Hopefully 25 posts is a high enough bar to keep people from spamming threads for a post count.

There. Now to make 12 more...

You’re right but if people go check the profile, they can see those worthless messages. (Now answer me on this and get another post credit )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
An email I received

"Been a member here since 2013. True, I do not have many posts, but have bought items on here, and recieved good feedback. My for sale item was removed because i did not have enough posts. I guess you would rather have the scammers who come on and make 100 posts in a couple weeks. Always liked this site, but I'm really offended by your tactics without a little research. No need for a reply."

So you came here and used Rokslide for free! Probably learned a thing or two for FREE. But we are the tyrants! I don't get the logic. Build that wall. HAHA!

We didn't build Rokslide for the classifieds, its simply a byproduct.

Tell him: “Sorry bro’ sometimes rules have to change, but while you’re stewing, enjoy the free site”

I sure can support the 25 posts, craigslist is getting to be the same way anymore, way to many scammers. It’s sad that there are people out there that try to take advantage of other people.

Pro953

WKR
I am dumbfounded that this is in any way controversial.

By not posting you have invested nothing in the forum. If you are just genuinely too private to make 25 posts, how about another rule change. 25 posts or that can be waived for a 25.00 donation to Rokslide.

Shall we bet the odds on the amount of cash that will come rolling in from folks that love the classifieds but do not want to post.

What do you think keeps the lights on for a forum/website. You need traffic, posts etc. classifieds are just gravy for the members.

I am sure the mods and owners have nothing better to do than ban scammers and deal with drama on the classifieds.

jmez

WKR
An email I received

"Been a member here since 2013. True, I do not have many posts, but have bought items on here, and recieved good feedback. My for sale item was removed because i did not have enough posts. I guess you would rather have the scammers who come on and make 100 posts in a couple weeks. Always liked this site, but I'm really offended by your tactics without a little research. No need for a reply."

So you came here and used Rokslide for free! Probably learned a thing or two for FREE. But we are the tyrants! I don't get the logic. Build that wall. HAHA!

We didn't build Rokslide for the classifieds, its simply a byproduct.

Well doesn't look like he's a big loss!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dang! He took his ball and went home! What are we going to do?

Thanks to mods for running a tight ship.

Well here is one more post in my quiver.

Great decision, as many others here, I fully support the decision.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have yet to have a bad experience in the classifieds, however there’s definitely been a spike in scammers so I’m all for this and any other changes deemed necessary.

How AT handles theirs has come up on several threads. The big concern I would have if implemented here is the feedback doesn’t show on tapatalk and it’s a real pain to view “desktop” on a phone. If it simply shows on your tapatalk profile then fine. Yes I’m one those who doesn’t own a real computer.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
You’re right but if people go check the profile, they can see those worthless messages. (Now answer me on this and get another post credit )

Challenge accepted. LOL!

I think you guys run a fine site. As users, it is up to us to check posts like you said and use responsible payment methods (not gifting money back and forth). Too many people skip those steps, when something goes wrong some of them pressure the admins to bail them out. I get it.

pwsINC

WKR
I appreciate moderators taking effort to curb scammers. But I do think ultimately this site has alot of knowledgable people. With 'most' scammers things feel very odd from the start. And ours being a specialized activity should be able to recognize those that dont belong and dont buy from them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

hiway_99

FNG
I like the new rule. I for one always look at people's post counts before buying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.