Wyoming 48-1 antelope advice

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
My father and I drew unit 48-1 in WYO and I am looking for advice on where to camp, access the unit in general. If you want to share some tips on where to scout/hunt that would also be great. I put us in for permission slips on the large circle Q/hanna ranch HMA and we were successful so we can hunt this part of the unit also. I plan on going up and doing some recon next weekend.

We drew the tag with 7 points if anyone is wondering.

Thanks

wytx

WKR
Be picky. Good year and should have decent moisture out there.
Good fishing around too.

OP
T

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Checked it out the last two days. Many miles put in. The checkerboard northern half is going to be a challenge and quite frankly was not expected. The public parcels are very small. I have never hunted a unit like this before with so much private mixed in. Going to for sure need a map program for my smart phone or GPS to navigate around the private.

On another note if anyone has a unit 47 tag get a hold of me. I know where a massive herd is hiding out.

wytx

WKR
Go north young man, lol. Did you get up above Seminoe? That's where the larger tracts of public are. I'm guessing no HMA permit?
You will need the OnX mapping feature for sure.

OP
T

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Yes we have HMA permits for the Hannah/Q creek private section in the Western half.

Thanks

wytx

WKR
You should be good then. Look a bunch over and find a nice buck.
I would avoid opening day or two unless you have a big buck spotted. Pressure will be less but antelope will be spooky.