Unit Idaho cow elk hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i happened to draw a cow elk tag in a unit I’ve never hinted. Im just a meat hunter and am looking to fill the freezer. Im in good physical shape and am not afraid to put miles on. Also have a 4 wheeler and it appears that the unit has a lot of trails/roads. I live near the unit and hike just outside of marsing often but have never seen an elk. I will be spending time this summer looking to locate some areas that hold elk. My question are elk typically found on the desert floor or up in the timber areas? You might wonder why I put in for this tag? My father in law wanted to hunt the area so we both put in for it separately. I drew and he didn’t. He has a buddy that hunts there often and has success but I don’t know if we will get any help from him or not and I’m not expecting it. Any advice on where to focus my scouting efforts is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

wnelson14

WKR
Elk are where the elk are doing elk things……..

Let me get this straight you won’t get help on the unit and area from a friend of a family member, so you think people on an open forum thread are going to give you an area to go?

I suggest you read the forum rules and delete the unit # from your post.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys, i happened to draw a cow elk tag in a unit I’ve never hunted.All owyhee county. Im just a meat hunter and am looking to fill the freezer. Im in good physical shape and am not afraid to put miles on. Also have a 4 wheeler and it appears that the unit has a lot of trails/roads. I live near the unit and hike just outside of marsing often but have never seen an elk. I will be spending time this summer looking to locate some areas that hold elk. My question are elk typically found on the desert floor or up in the timber areas? You might wonder why I put in for this tag? My father in law wanted to hunt the area so we both put in for it separately. I drew and he didn’t. He has a buddy that hunts there often and has success but I don’t know if we will get any help from him or not and I’m not expecting it. Any advice on where to focus my scouting efforts is greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.