PSE bows

280rem

FNG
So I haven’t touched a bow in 10 years and dug my old bow out a Pearson 38 special and took it to the bow shop, a PSE dealer, while I was there I got to shoot the Beast ecs, and the carbon stealth. So got me to thinking about a new one, anyway I definitely liked the feel of the beast and seem to have everything I like in a bow, the carbon stealth was pretty awesome as well, although it was a little shorter and not as smooth I actually leaning more towards it because I shot it better and little better performance. Just wondering since I’ve been out of the archery loop for so long what others thoughts we are on PSE bows and these 2 models. I haven’t shopped around any and will either get one of the 2 or continue with my old bow. Thanks for any insight you can offer

Beendare

WKR
The good news is just about all of the major mnfr bows are pretty good these days. Of course a PSE dlr will try to sell you on PSE....

It seems pretty obvious to me but wouldn't you be better off shooting a bunch of bows before deciding on a major purchase?

OR Archer

WKR
I think they’re a underrated bow. The ECS is a breeze to tune with a nice smooth draw cycle and good performance. Also check out the Evolve 31 and 35 in the PSE line.
But also check out other lines as well. There’s a lot of great bows out this year.

The two bows you mentioned are on the opposite end of the spectrum. There is lots of good middle ground bows to choose from too.

OP
280rem

280rem

FNG
No I understand shooting a bunch to see, reason I haven’t touched a bow in 10 years is lack of time with a busy schedule, I’m not going to put the time in to do a bunch of shopping, that time isn’t a available to me. The most local archery shop to me is the PSE dealer and we are business aquaintentences/friends. At this point I’ll either purchase one of his bows or fire up my antique. I’m 6’2” 30” draw the 38” ATA beast feels great to me on all aspects, dead ringer for me on what I would look for in a hunting bow, the carbon stealth although I don’t think it feels as good to me I seemed to shoot it equal or better and may offer me more performance. I’m just wondering if there are any issues with PSE or the design of either I might not be aware of being out of the loop like I am.

OR Archer

WKR
There’s no design flaws. They’re the best bows PSE has put out. Can’t go wrong with one.

Wapiti1

WKR
The 38" beast will feel really stable, but consider how you hunt. If you don't shoot standing all of the time, look at the Evolve 35 or 31. A shorter bow will be more usable kneeling, sitting, and out of a stand. Nothing against the Carbon Stealth, I have a Carbon Air and really have been happy with it. They are really well thought out bows.

I would suggest looking at a couple of brands just to see what you like. There are no wrong choices these days, which is a really nice thing.

Jeremy

OP
280rem

280rem

FNG
Thank you all so far for the input. I know there seems to be so much more on the market then last time I looked at bows and I bet all the competition keeps every company on their design toes. There are lots of things to consider and I’m afraid looking around will make things way more confusing lol

Mkuper

FNG
There is a lot to be said for having some local dealer support. I dont live within an hour of Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Prime dealers etc. I have no doubt that those bows shoot very well and I would be happy with any of them but the deal breaker for me was the fact that there was a very reputable PSE dealer 40 minutes away. He offered to help me as I have grown in the sport. I bought a lower end bow in the PSE pro line, the React, and it has been hunting/ 3D bow.

OP
280rem

280rem

FNG
Well I took the shop around advice and mainly because my wife wanted to get started in archery and I figured she really needed to try different ones, she just pulled the trigger on a Mathew avail tonight. I am not a short ata fan at all. I think a bow should be 35-38 ata personally. Curiosity got the best of me I had to give the triax a try just because I’ve heard so much about it........ holly smokes that is a sweet bow that felt extremely stable for 28” ata, the draw cycle was so nice on it it made the halon 32 seem like I could hardly pull it in comparison. Gonna be hard to keep from getting one I’m thinking.

Curiosity got the best of me I had to give the triax a try just because I’ve heard so much about it........ holly smokes that is a sweet bow that felt extremely stable for 28” ata, the draw cycle was so nice on it it made the halon 32 seem like I could hardly pull it in comparison.

Something was wrong with the Halon or there is something else going on. They have the exact same cams and the draws should feel very similar.

OP
280rem

280rem

FNG
Something was wrong with the Halon or there is something else going on. They have the exact same cams and the draws should feel very similar.

That’s what I was thinking on the cams, I just wondered if its dynamics of size and shorter bow, that 4” shorter put things in a different plain? Maybe a more leverage type thing. But I know what I felt, easier to draw and better cycle. Idk

Ucsdryder

WKR
I shot all the bows this year. The carbon stealth was my favorite. The grip was a little deep, but nice and narrow. The way I hold the deep was didn’t affect me at full draw. It was my favorite bow minus the price tag. I just couldn’t justify 1500. I ended up with a centergy hybrid that shoots like a dream.