Badlands Superday vs Kuiu Venture

Rymanco

WKR
I'm looking at both of these packs for a day pack. Will be packing in climbing sticks and a saddle hunting platform on it. Anyone have any info on these packs and which may be the better way to go. I could be walking up to 2 miles in

Battleguy

Banned
Well, I have a Kuiu Ultra frame with a 1800 and a 6000 bag. It is light. Not many pockets but works good. But the rain cover for rain. It packs super small. for that, a small rain cover or the largest one work depending on the bag. Also have a Kuiu ICON 1850 bag and 7200 bags. Its great for back packing trips but I find the 1850 is heavy for a hunt from the truck day pack. That frame will carry whatever you want. The Ultra series is great but the straps aren't as wide and you will suffer carry heavy packs (think over 60-70lbs) over many miles. For only a few miles you probably have no issue. there isn't close to enough room for backcountry packing in even 3000 bag IMO so I wouldn't plan on using that small of bag for it.

You likely wont get your sticks in a 2200 range pack. They would strap to outside nicely.

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
Well, I have a Kuiu Ultra frame with a 1800 and a 6000 bag. It is light. Not many pockets but works good. But the rain cover for rain. It packs super small. for that, a small rain cover or the largest one work depending on the bag. Also have a Kuiu ICON 1850 bag and 7200 bags. Its great for back packing trips but I find the 1850 is heavy for a hunt from the truck day pack. That frame will carry whatever you want. The Ultra series is great but the straps aren't as wide and you will suffer carry heavy packs (think over 60-70lbs) over many miles. For only a few miles you probably have no issue. there isn't close to enough room for backcountry packing in even 3000 bag IMO so I wouldn't plan on using that small of bag for it.

You likely wont get your sticks in a 2200 range pack. They would strap to outside nicely.

I'm not looking to put them in the pack. I want to strap em to the pack. And more than likely my small platform inside the pack. Just don't know if I should go with the Kuiu or Badlands

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
I wont be doing overnight hunts. Just day hunts from the truck. But could be walking up to 2 miles in one way

OP
Rymanco

Rymanco

WKR
Packing my stick and platform as well as other small things such as calls, and binocs, rangefinder, jacket, and auch

I'm not looking to put them in the pack. I want to strap em to the pack. And more than likely my small platform inside the pack. Just don't know if I should go with the Kuiu or Badlands

We can try to oranize something if you want to try it. The superday works good as a daypack but does not have any frame so im not sure how well it would work to strap steps to. I have a badlands 2200 that would probably work better that you could try too