Backpack for teenager

Anyone have good experience for a hunting pack for a teenager or preteen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
silverbullet555
How big a kid are you talking? I may be able to help you.

Steve
Small enough that when I reached out to mystery ranch they said no dice for any of their standard frames.

Oldest is 11. I would say he is average build. Wears size 12 in boys old navy Jean's and size 12 shirts.

Small enough that when I reached out to mystery ranch they said no dice for any of their standard frames.

Oldest is 11. I would say he is average build. Wears size 12 in boys old navy Jean's and size 12 shirts.

That seems right up the alley for Western Edge Gear. He had pics on here of his packs. They look really good. Look like mini legit mountain backpacks, and he is a sponsor of Rokslide. Win Win

OP
silverbullet555
That seems right up the alley for Western Edge Gear. He had pics on here of his packs. They look really good. Look like mini legit mountain backpacks, and he is a sponsor of Rokslide. Win Win
Thanks. I'll take a look.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I build them for that size and smaller. PM me or email me at [email protected]

Here’s a post from another guy who had the same need.
Western Edge Frame for Kids

I would add that he will only be small for a very short time. Get him a pack he can grow into. It is not difficult to do.

OP
silverbullet555
I would add that he will only be small for a very short time. Get him a pack he can grow into. It is not difficult to do.
No doubt. It's kind of why I started with mystery ranch. I was think it would be a hood excuse to try a pop up. I need to check some others as well and then determine the best form him now and in the future. Also have another son 8 years behind so whatever we get the oldest will pass to the younger in due time. The young one already asks to go hunting and he is only 3.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 20” frame works on both of my kids, one being 4’5” and the other 5’1”. It’s a tad tall for the short one so he still has the 18”, but it would work. The 18” would work on a 4-footer, maybe less. depends on torso height of course.

As with the big kid packs, frames and belts can be swapped to accommodate different sizes.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited: