Kifaru LPP as belay jacket?

Hoping Dave C or Akicita especially will see this... I am starting to build a kit for some mountaineering and climbing classes this spring and summer. One of the items required is a down or synthetic puffy, primarily used when stationary, such as belaying or standing around listening to the instructor. I want a synthetic jacket despite its disadvantages in terms of packability, weight, and longevity.

For those that are familiar with the BELAY JACKET concept, do you think the Kifaru LPP would work? I own one and use it constantly for other things, but wondering if it may work in a mountaineering context.

Thanks

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

I do a lot of climbing and think the LPP would not be an appropriate jacket for that use. I have one, and think it is too bulky and heavy for climbing use, especially if you were do start doing multi pitch climbs where you're carrying a small backpack with you up your route. I have the Patagonia Nano Air and the Nano Puff and think both of those are excellent (or something along the same lines). For perspective I carry a DMM Zenith pack on multi pitch and I doubt the LPP would fit in it. Enjoy the mountaineering!

OP
S
I do a lot of climbing and think the LPP would not be an appropriate jacket for that use. I have one, and think it is too bulky and heavy for climbing use, especially if you were do start doing multi pitch climbs where you're carrying a small backpack with you up your route. I have the Patagonia Nano Air and the Nano Puff and think both of those are excellent (or something along the same lines). For perspective I carry a DMM Zenith pack on multi pitch and I doubt the LPP would fit in it. Enjoy the mountaineering!
For the patagonia pieces you mentioned, would you consider bivying out in them? I have seen those in the store and thought they looked thin as a belay piece, but then again I am still learning about these pieces. Just looking for a good synthetic piece that is designed to be worn while NOT moving.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk