Wyoming General Wilderness Outfitter

My buddy is looking to use a general tag next year and hunt in the wilderness with an outfitter. Any suggestions? He's comfortable with going in grizz country, looking for a 320' plus. He should have a pretty good budget.

Edit: I guess it would be helpful to hear whether you would recommend booking for 2020 now to get a better outfitter or dates because the season is coming soon.

Thanks.

F250

FNG
Yup. Stay away from Boulder Basin Outfitters !!! Went with him this past season. Worst time ever !!

mntnguide

WKR
My buddy is looking to use a general tag next year and hunt in the wilderness with an outfitter. Any suggestions? He's comfortable with going in grizz country, looking for a 320' plus. He should have a pretty good budget.

Edit: I guess it would be helpful to hear whether you would recommend booking for 2020 now to get a better outfitter or dates because the season is coming soon.

Thanks.

Majority of the better outfitters in the wilderness will have the better hunts booked up by return hunters, but still worth calling now if he knows he will draw. Triangle X Ranch; Yellowstone Outfitters would be my suggestions from the Jackson side. Just know, yes they kill big bulls, but definitely not every hunter leaves with or gets a chance at a 320+. It is still a general season hunt and depending if you are on the early hunt or the later migration dependent weeks, can play a big difference. If the snow hits correctly, the last hunts can be phenomenal for big bulls. But, you could also spend 10 days riding 20 miles a day not seeing a damn thing, if the weather doesnt cooperate. Hit or Miss for sure. Those 2 outfitters are usually booked with return hunters the first hunt if not first 2 hunts of the season, but like i said, still worth calling. ...Stay away from Swift Creek Outfitters on the jackson side as well fyi.

. ...Stay away from Swift Creek Outfitters on the jackson side as well fyi.
@mntnguide Can you please expand on staying away from Swift Creek? Seems like a lot of Roksliders have positive things to say, was actually thinking of calling them in the next couple of weeks to get more info. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: