Insoles: Enertor

Bulldawg

WKR
Finding insoles that are comfortable and work for me is tough. I used the Superfeet, the cushion flattened out and wasn't comfortable, the lathrop and sons never seemed to have the right support and seemed to flatten out on me. My heels get real sore and especially from a lot of downhill hiking, and I think that it is from my heel striking hard over and over again, so I've been searching for an insole that has a sustained cushion in the heel cup mostly but also under my big toe which gets sore too.

Last Spring I was given a pair of Enertor insoles and threw them in some super flexible boots that I wore as some kick around boots and they were pretty nice but that's as far as it went. This year I got a new pair of La Sportiva's (which were pretty kick ass) but the factory insole was terrible, obviously, and my feet were getting pretty sore with the Lathrop's I had thrown in there. So I decided to toss my Enertor's before I went off and bought even more stuff. At first I wasn't sure and didn't really care for them but they were going to work, after about 40 miles I was sold. I wore them on a few elk hunts this September and my feet were in the best shape they've been in after a hunt, my knees weren't sore at all and overall I was able to walk more and more on a given day.

They kept their cushion longer than any other insole and they have kept their shape. The support is just what I need and they are something that some dudes could benefit from.

The only down side is there aren't available in many spaces, Cabela's was/is one of the only places that carries them so far (last year was the first year they were in the US) but I think you can get them on Amazon sometimes and there might be a few specialty running stores that might sell online. The full length performance insoles are the ones I have and I will probably get a couple more pairs especially once someone besides Cabela's starts selling them.