Havalon Piranta Saw Blades

Haven’t been able to find much on these. Has anyone tried the saw blades for the Havalon Piranta? Seems like a great UL option for Piranta users to bring a saw along. Wonder how it would work for skull capping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
They would be tough for skull capping. A deer would be a project, an elk would be miserable. They are sharp and fairly strong, it’s just the stroke Is super short with the way they attach if that makes sense. They work good for pelvis cutting, small limbs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using one for a couple seasons. Theyre really good on deer, ok on elk, and crap on moose for skull capping. Very handy for cleaning trail and small branches. I carry one in my kill kit all the time. I think you'll like it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have them. Used it on whitetail but only for pelvis and sternums. I prefer my multi tool saw. Just feels more solid. It think the paranta blade is fine but I don’t like the strength of the blade holding mechanism. This is a general and unproven concern. No direct experience open failure.

I think I honestly got away from it because I was carrying the multi tool for swapping between the havalon blades and it was just easier to use the saw on the multi tool. It felt more solid and it is nice to switch from blade to saw without the hassle of swapping out the blade.

Gumbo

WKR
It hasn't worked well at all going through the two sternums (deer/antelope) I tried to saw through. I would definitely go a different route.