Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, I wouldn't say it is common considering all of the days spent in the woods, but I have

1. Stumbled into grow operations
    2. Drug smugglers
    3. People smugglers
    4. Moonshine stills
    5. People shooting at me and hunting partner because we are hunting their pigs, and on a different occasion turkeys.
    6. Landowners blocking the road and threatening to "take down" anyone who hunted what was actually public land
    7. Several guys on private property (not theirs) firing guns (just to create a situation), and then strongly suggesting we don't hunt that area.

Plenty of other experiences, but all of those are good enough reasons for me to carry.

2. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My hunting partner is my wife. No way I'm going into remote areas without the proper mindset and equipment to defend her and myself.

To each their own.

4. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Backpack Hunter View Post
    Again, I wouldn't say it is common considering all of the days spent in the woods, but I have

1. Stumbled into grow operations
    2. Drug smugglers
    3. People smugglers
    4. Moonshine stills
    5. People shooting at me and hunting partner because we are hunting their pigs, and on a different occasion turkeys.
    6. Landowners blocking the road and threatening to "take down" anyone who hunted what was actually public land
    7. Several guys on private property (not theirs) firing guns (just to create a situation), and then strongly suggesting we don't hunt that area.

Plenty of other experiences, but all of those are good enough reasons for me to carry.
    The people smuggling is the only one that really bothers me. I dont think I could just walk away from that one.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lyle_destroys View Post
    The people smuggling is the only one that really bothers me. I dont think I could just walk away from that one.

Some things are worth dying for, and that ain't one of them. Unless its you're job, and you're on duty, observe/report (and gtf away from the area)
    #MAGA

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to carry when I am in griz country, but otherwise, I feel way safer when I am in the woods somewhere, than I do in a city or around town...

Post Thanks / Like

Outmanned and outgunned by far. It was an easy decision.

Esse quam videri

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry for the same reason a dog licks his nuts....

10. Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some old drunk miner threatened to kill me one time. I just laughed and put my hand on the giant revolver I carried for bears(I was working). He informed me that he would kill me later. I was never very worried and am now pretty lazy about carrying. Which is why I'm going to get a pocket 380.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we were bowhunting many years ago down on the Mexican border south of Arivaca bumping into drug mules, and human smugglers. Multiple times the Border guys that checked us said we were stupid to be out there without a firearm.....even though at the time it was illegal to bow hunt and pack a pistol.

I wouldn't do that again.
    “Everyone has a plan .......until they get punched in the face” Mike Tyson

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” ― Edwin Louis Cole

Post Thanks / Like
    Odds of ever actually having to draw my sidearm are slim to none. I truly hope I never have to unholster. That being said I will continue to carry in the backcountry and throughout my daily travels. Have had some heated confrontations and been in some remote areas known for high crime. Never know when a guy will stumble across a meth lab or something of the sorts. Would hate to not be prepared. To each there own though. Stay safe out there everyone.