Xmas Gift Ideas

Looking for ideas for my brother in law. It will be both of ours first time backpack/high country hunting this next year. I'm wondering what are some things that you guys would give or like to receive that would be used on a hunt. Supposed to keep it around $50. Thanks!

Jbehredt

WKR
A stove fits the budget. I have an MSR micro rocket and Soto amicus that I like. Everybody love socks for Christmas, maybe some darn toughs. Black diamond headlamp. Storm model specifically. Klymit sleeping mat. Those are the 50ish dollar items I can think of in my pack.

ShakeDown

WKR
+1 for the MSR Pocket Rocket.

Thermal Rest Z Seat, very useful comfort item.

Bino Harness, anker portable battery pack, decent set of boot insoles.

Grumman

WKR
A Primus Micron lantern is a nice thing to have in that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti406

WKR
+1 on a good pair of wool socks. If you’re going after elk, a hand full of different reeds. A SteriPEN would also put you near that $50 mark.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Darn Tough socks, steripen, havalon/outdooredge, sea to summit pillow, wool gloves, onx premium(would probably give him a gift card and get the elite for all states), there's also a decent pair of Costco Trekking Poles that is around that price point.

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
An empty Aquafina (or similar) bottle filled with a $49 bottle of bourbon.

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Sleeping pad, the klymit static v is about in that price range too. I like mine!

BenFrank

FNG
The sea to summit pillow would make a good gift. It's something that first timers might not think much about but will make a big difference in getting a goods nights sleep.

TAG game bags, Outdoor Edge or Havalon knife, Darn Tough socks, merino wool t-shirt, SuperFeet insoles, gift certificate for Heathers Choice meals.

steripen, good socks, inflatable pillow, good book, ON-X maps, gift card, Tyto or Havalon (or a box of 100 blades),

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
A long handle spoon for mountain house meals makes a good stocking stuffer.
100 feet of 550 cord.
Synthetic game bags.