First Mule Deer Buck

Guff

FNG
Headed west to hunt for the first time in my life this past week. I never dreamed that I would enjoy it as much as I did, absolute awesome country. I spotted this deer on the first morning of my hunt and hoped that I would be lucky enough to take him but honestly never dreamed I would. Fortunately though he was very visible and on the fourth evening he was feeding in a location that allowed me to move above him with the wind in my face and get an arrow in him.

An old road cut around the hill that was above the deer. The road helped conceal my movement and noise. I would ease along and raise up to get ranges. Once I reached 40 yards I figured that was close enough. I was able to make a great shot and he only made it maybe 50 yards after the shot. I know he is not a monster in the muley world but he may as well be a 200" deer to me lol, I was super pumped to take this animal. As odd as it may sound I was more excited to go after this deer than I was elk. Good luck to everyone!

IMG_3525.jpg
IMG_3530.jpg

EastMT

WKR
Great buck, many people that live out west haven’t got one that nice with a rifle! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Not strange at all to get pumped stalking bucks. He’s a dandy first buck. Heck a dandy 10th buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats. ANY animal with s bow is a trophy. Let me guess, you’re already looking at google earth and planning for the next adventure.