Bino chest pack

Yates

FNG
First post, just found this site a couple weeks ago, wish it had been sooner. I currently have a kuiu bino chest pack but really not a fan of the fit as it sticks out too far too comfortably bow hunt, always worried about it getting in the way of my string. You guys have any recommendations that's a little tighter to the body, saw one on solohunter but I'd rather talk with someone before I purchase one. Thanks everyone. I've made a vow to venture out west hunting on an annual basis started last year with a combo WY goat, chukar and duck trip, this year will be small game for sage grouse, ducks and hopefully a blue grouse in the bighorns. Love the smell of sagebrush. Thanks.

I've used FHF Gear bino harness systems for the last four years and really love them. I had a Badlands bino harness before that but didn't like it because it was too bulky.

Definitely look into the FHF harness.

tracker12

WKR
FHF for me to and never gets in the way of my bow. Do find it hard to believe the Kuiu one does for you. They are about as slim as it gets.

I have the Kuiu and agree it's as slim as it gets. The FHF won't be any slimmer.

I also have the AGC hybrid and the Marsupial and oddly enough the AGC won't interfere with my draw but the Marsupial does, the string clips it up high on my shoulder/chest.

I do think the FHF is an excellent value and packs way more storage and little features for any harness of similar low profile design. It's a nice little harness.

You might try adjusting the height of the harness, up or down from like upper tummy to in front of your sternum.

Kotaman

WKR
If the KUIU is getting in your way, nothing will work for you as it is one of the slimmest designs made. I prefer the Sitka Harness to the KUIU harness, but it is mostly personal preference. Outdoor Vision Gear also makes a great harness but again, it isn't going to be less slim than the KUIU.

Grey Wolf Woolens makes a cover that can be used with bino straps. You may want to explore that route if you want "slim"...

Trial153

WKR
What kota man said.
Not a fan of kuiu at all, however its about as umintrusive as you can get. Some that own and like better for various reasones are the sitka harness, mystery ranch and AGC kiss.
You may want try rick young harness or the sitka simple strap harness ...both will leave you glass uncovered and out in the environment..however it will be lower profile. I have the sitka version and i use it for whitetail hunting only.

As bowhunter myself i am perplexed how you have string contact with the harness or why you worry about it being an issue. I just cant see it getting in the way while shooting...now hanging off my chest the rest or the time yes i wish it wasnt there, however i havent come up with a more functional solution then some type of chest harness so i am stuck with it.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is over hundred threads on the best binocular harness on rokslide. You can research this subject for hours and in the end you'll need to get it and try it. I've used a bunch including the kuiu and agree it's slim design and none will give more clearance most are similar in depth. Currently I'm happy with marsupials pouch. Think about what features you like and which you don't and move on to another. None are perfect for everyone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Y

Yates

FNG
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions fellas, sounds like I’ll be trying to live with my Kuiu for a little longer and look at trying some others. Can’t hurt to have several on hand I guess. Thanks again.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm torn between the AGC Cub and a MR harness. My question is anyone have any issues (besides the noise which is big) with a magnetic closure and say a range finder, gps, ranging binos? In my experience tech and magnets are not friends wondering how this has played out if at all?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I'm torn between the AGC Cub and a MR harness. My question is anyone have any issues (besides the noise which is big) with a magnetic closure and say a range finder, gps, ranging binos? In my experience tech and magnets are not friends wondering how this has played out if at all?
Short answer is yes of course magnets aren't your friend when navigating. Using that info test your compass to determine what distance it's affected and where it isn't. With my marsupial I found I don't really need to hold it that much further out to avoid the magnetic pull.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Short answer is yes of course magnets aren't your friend when navigating. Using that info test your compass to determine what distance it's affected and where it isn't. With my marsupial I found I don't really need to hold it that much further out to avoid the magnetic pull.

I get the navigating issues definitely but like you said distance is an easy fix and the compass is not permanently affected. My concern is last time I put a magnet next to an electronic it fried the computer screen of an apple desktop in '96 (elementary school kids, magnets, and expensive brand new computers shouldn't be in the same room but I digress) Anyone ruin or damage equipment with these magnetic clasps? I guess thats my direct question/worry

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've ran my phone in the front pocket with the flap folded over it (so all four magnets) without issue. I keep the range finder on one side and GPS on other side. Most of these units use "earth" magnets which are supposed to be safe for all electronic devices. I'd give the manufacturer a call and ease your mind a bit.