Swaro's?

Had to get rid of my SLC's for a new bow (long story)
Primarily going to hunt whitetails here in Iowa for the foreseeable future...Don't really have the cash for a new pair of SLC's, but the new CL Companions have caught my eye-anyone use them yet (the 8x30's specifically).

Thanks!

wyosteve

WKR
I have the previous version 8x30 CL's and use them much more than my 10x42 EL's. Good ergonomics, light with good clarity. You won't be unhappy in my opinion.

herd90

Lil-Rokslider
I used the 8x30s yesterday for the first time deer hunting in close quarters in WV. I can't see ever needing anything else. One handed operation and very light. I also have the Zeiss Conquest HD but "borrowed" by one of my Sons. I'm gonna take both in the field soon to compare but I think the Swaro's are on par with the Zeiss for my purposes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
Jacob Chapman
I used the 8x30s yesterday for the first time deer hunting in close quarters in WV. I can't see ever needing anything else. One handed operation and very light. I also have the Zeiss Conquest HD but "borrowed" by one of my Sons. I'm gonna take both in the field soon to compare but I think the Swaro's are on par with the Zeiss for my purposes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ah damn. I had a pair of Conquests prior to the SLC's I sold off-things gave me a headache in short order. I have a little better than 20/10 in both eyes and subpar glass hurts :/

prm

WKR
I used the new 8x30 CLs this year. Count me as a big fan. Those things just flat out work well for me.

Pezboat

WKR
I just bought a demo pair from Natchez for $799. You don’t get the carrying bag or neck strap, but who cares. The binos are like new. I absolutely love these things for Midwest whitetail hunting. I was overly impressed with the low light performance. I originally wanted to go with an 8x42, but after comparing them to the 10x42 Zeiss Conquest and 10x42 Leica Trinovids, I was sold.

OP
Jacob Chapman
I won't be buying until summer at the earliest, but thanks all for the heads up. I'd love to find a nice used pair of 835x42 EL's but if not those Companions may be on the way for next hunting season.

I am a little hesitant to spend that much on something that may be more of a niche product. I don't know how useful they'd be hunting out West (I don't have a spotting scope or bigger bino's) and may need to just bite the bullet and get the EL's

Shraggs

WKR
I recently bought the new cl. I compared them in all the sceneries I could replicate, low light, rain; bright short and long.

My current small on the the go bino is the swar 8x30 slc neu. Side note, I have compared them to most other 8x30/32 binos and few, at the time, beat them. Zeiss victory fl and swar el of course. These beat conquest and my beloved meopta. These blew away the orginal cl for certain. This older unit always had great clarity and resolution near to the edges.

The new cl is something special for sure! Resolution looked similar until I looked past 400 yards and the cl beat them. They are slightly but noticeably brighter under all light conditions. The coloring is el like not tinted, natural - they way my old slc neu are. Basically equal to better optically depending on who's looking. The fov is so improved to 396 from 372, and my slc are 405.

Cl is over 3 oz lighter. It has a bigger eye relief and more forgiving eye box for eye glass wearer it is much better like I am.

The one thing I was surprised, the barrels are almost too small for holding while glassing. I'd get used to it for sure but weird feeling. Like the larger feel. On the other hand carting at your side, I like the single hinge.

I took them back within the 30 days cabelas policy. When I sell my beloved slc 8x30 I will be buying these. Not cause they are superior, I think slightly better optically but so much easier for an eye glass wearer.

John