Yet another FNG from Texas

I am originally from the Pittsburgh PA area. I moved to Texas in January 2017; a relocation for my employer. My wife and I currently live in Springtown, which is roughly an hour NW or Fort Worth. I am an engineer for an airline. I am 46, have been hunting since 1983. Mostly whitetails in the Laurel Mountains of PA. Some health issues (back surgery last year, cancer this year) have kept me out of the Texas brush but I hope to change that soon.

I am doing the reverse of what many hunters do; I was a bow only hunter making the transition to rifles because I just never know when I will feel good enough to pull my bow. I hate not being 100% confident in my shooting.

I have lurked here for quite some time and finally decided to join. I am active on TexasBowhunter with the same screen name. I know it doesn't fit my new rifle hunting plans, but I use it a lot and like being consistent.

I have learned a lot from you all and hope I can make worthwhile contributions. Thanks.

-Mike

elkguide

WKR
Glad that you came out of the lurk. Join in the conversation. Lots of good info here.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Just left Texas after 28 years. Miss it dearly. Been on TBH for years. This is an excellent site. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk