Review: SynMat UL 9, by William Hanson, Rokslide Moderator

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders,

If you've ever missed a good night's sleep due to a horrible sleeping pad, you know the misery (oh the misery!) It's happened to me all too often and is why I switched to cots years ago.

Problem is, cots aren't practical for backpacking, so I was pretty happy when Rokslide Moderator William Hanson (live2hunt) submitted a review on a lightweight inflatable sleeping pad. The SynMat UL 9. Seems he's pretty happy with it so far.

This is William's maiden review, so give it a read and post up any feedback (especially if you've used the pad yourself).

Review: Exped SYNMAT UL 9

attachment.php

Last edited:

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not juxtaposed sorry the medium weighs 21.9 oz and the lw 28.6 oz, according to campsaver.com.

By my scale with the provided stuff sack and repair kit it weighs 29.7 oz, which is better than exped printed claim on the package of 30.2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
William, do you happen to know the r value. That's impressive being comfortable in those conditions. Was it on top of snow?

backcountryguy

Lil-Rokslider
Let us know what you think after some use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. I also ordered the shnozzel pump which after using one time I will never blow up another air pad without it. Awesome product. I purchased a 0* quilt from Tristan at viam outdoors as well excited to put the pad and quilt to the test. Tristan was great to work with. A+ customer service

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Will do. I also ordered the shnozzel pump which after using one time I will never blow up another air pad without it. Awesome product. I purchased a 0* quilt from Tristan at viam outdoors as well excited to put the pad and quilt to the test. Tristan was great to work with. A+ customer service

Hey thanks. That's what Rokslides all about right there

Super Moderator
Staff member

I've got a video that I'll post soon on roklides YouTube channel that goes over the schnozzle bag and i agree it's worth it's weight in gold. Shrek turned me onto it and it has a bunch of uses including a backcountry shower if you get the sub 2 oz attachment.

i like my 7 so there is no reason I won't like this, I got a neo but returned it.
I really like the shnozzle shower attachment and will get one of those, Nothing like multipurpose.!
I wonder if you dyed the bag black if it would heat up?

Super Moderator
Staff member
i like my 7 so there is no reason I won't like this, I got a neo but returned it.
I really like the shnozzle shower attachment and will get one of those, Nothing like multipurpose.!
I wonder if you dyed the bag black if it would heat up?
I don't think it would take dye as it's either silnylon or pu coated nylon.

Last edited:

mlob1one

WKR
This is my go to pad. When it's warm I use my UL 7, but that's just in the heat if summer. Both of my pads are in LW and as a side sleeper I couldn't be happier.
Fyi, the shnozzle pump bag is a MUST in my book.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk