Luxe Octopeak tent

Dhicklin

FNG
I'm looking into shelter options and I need a pretty versatile option.

My first use is going to be a four man hunting trip. I often hunt with my brothers and dad so room for four guys is a must. I was thinking of running the octopeak with the 4 man inner for this hunt style. I really want the inner because most of our hunts are in AZ and the bugs are brutal.

The next use is 2 man winter hunting. I wanted something to use in winter conditions for 2 man with stove option and the octopeak is perfect for that with the Mega inner liner and a stove.

My biggest question is if I buy two of the 2 person mega inner linners will they fit and be usable inside the octopeak teepee? It would make it a four man tent with 2 seperate inners inside the same teepee. It seems like it would be a tight fit but it would be cheaper than buying a 4 man inner and a 2 person inner.

I am also open to other brands with the inner tents. Thank for the help.

amp713

WKR
Not a lot of guys using these yet, I run the hexpeak and have put some time in it.

I'd message them directly with your questions, he is pretty quick to answer usually and that way there is no confusion

OP
Dhicklin

Dhicklin

FNG
I messaged him on Facebook and he answered all my questions. Super helpful. Definitely going to order there shelter

big44a4

WKR
I messaged him on Facebook and he answered all my questions. Super helpful. Definitely going to order there shelter

How’d it work this season? I’m looking to get one for next year but curious on real world experience and size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connerh04

FNG
Also looking into the octopeak, curious about stove use in tipis in general-want to know if I need something like the tent protector or if it will be ok to go without, I don’t really want a house fire in the backcountry...

Also looking into the octopeak, curious about stove use in tipis in general-want to know if I need something like the tent protector or if it will be ok to go without, I don’t really want a house fire in the backcountry...

Great question! You only need to use a Tent Protector Sleeve if the chimney is greater than 5" in diameter in our stove jacks. Hope this helps!

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
Luxe,
Will the two person maga inner work in the octopeak? If not, is 2 people practical in the 2.5 liner that is offered on the octopeak?

Luxe,
Will the two person maga inner work in the octopeak? If not, is 2 people practical in the 2.5 liner that is offered on the octopeak?

The 2p Mega inner will not fit the Octopeak properly. For that reason last year we launched the 2.5 V8 inner to fit both the Octopeak and Megahorn. This also allows for tall people of any height to fit inside the V8 Inner (over 6' tall), and it's fully compatible with a tent wood stove.

TreyPound

FNG
Couple thoughts. How buggy is it? Can you get by with just a tarp or 2?

4-6 person tent is huge... not really backpackable in my opinion. or do you have kids? in which case, 2x 2-3 man tents might be a better option... at a certain age, kids want to be with their parents at night...but once they get used to it, sometimes things work better with kids in one tent, parents in the other. up to you. one of my daughters is a thrasher, and i eventually got her her own small kid's tent and slept in a hammock (she's 5' tall, fully grown, and has used that kids tent for years.)

If you're car camping, then I've been impressed with the Eureka Timberline series.

isu22andy

WKR
Octopeak with 2 cots and stove good to go in Late november camping ? Gear in the truck .