1-2 man "phase 3" shelter

My wife calls this shelter my phase 3 tent. We have a large 12 man tipi for phase 1 truck camping. I have a smaller 10' base tipi with a TI stove for my comfortable spike camp. Then there is that time when you either find game late in the day or maybe you want to go further than you can make it back by dark. Maybe you kill something you and don't want to leave it. Hopefully not, but hunting alone, you could become injured and just can't make it back. This is what we call a phase 3 night out. I love DIY stuff so I bought some 1.6 oz silpoly and got my wife to give me a crash course in using her home econo light weight Singer. Several Rokslider's offered help, especially FlyIdaho who was very generous with his time and some "how to" info for a beginner sewer.
I finished it today except for seam sealing. I made it for myself but two could sleep fine. I made it orange because of the odd chance I might need to be found. At my age, you just never know. It weighs 2 lbs with a stuff sack, stakes and 2 guy lines included. I use my trekking poles to pitch it.

vJBYYVw.jpg

P5NWFCJ.jpg

Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
You mentioned guy lines but i do not see any in your pic. You can open up the inside a good bit with them, it will just cost you a little height. This is my copy cat mega tarp.
33b46dbc22e6b69ffcc7b9dcb5b9bf0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
weekender7
The door on mine is draped over the guy line on the near side, and there is another you can't see on the far end. They just go from the top of the trek pole to a stake on the ends. I don't have any on the sides but have considered adding them.