12 year old son scenar’d an Elk

270quest

WKR
Had a great hunt in North Central Wyoming...after a good stalk Across a couple canyons, this big lead cow gave him a 268 yard shot and he dropped her with 1 shot from my 7 rem mag and a 150 grain scenar for his first elk.

Bullet busted both elk shoulder blades and exited. Elk dropped and never moved....once again these bullets proved to be bone crushers...

He did awesome in this hunt - proud dad

PNWGATOR

WKR
WELL done!

One happy young man, proud dad and a full freezer.

Keep up the good work.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
Great shooting. That looks like incredible country. Thanks for posting. My son has his first opportunity at a cow elk in Nov. I am getting fired up. Here's hoping we can get him an opportunity.

daddie63

WKR
Congrats on a great hunt that he won’t forget. I remember the feeling watching my kids take their first big game animal. Priceless. Enjoy those steaks and congrats to the young man and dad.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Congrats on a great hunt that he won’t forget. I remember the feeling watching my kids take their first big game animal. Priceless. Enjoy those steaks and congrats to the young man and dad.

I have these running at 3150 out of the 7 mag....should have been approx. 2750ish impact velocity

LostArra

WKR
Congrats to all !

Does that rifle/cartridge set up result in significant meat loss in those shoulders?
It obviously doesn't result in many unrecovered animals.