120 Grain 6.5 Creedmoor Loads Whitetail?

I was gifted some 6.5 mm 120 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips. I was thinking about working up some loads with Superformance.

Anyone load and hunt with 120 grain class 6.5 Creedmoor bullets? I bet recoil is very light for spotting shots and I can get high velocity.

Good for thin skinned game?

kota

FNG
They will work. I shoot 120 BTs in my creedmoor over a moderate dose of H4895. Really accurate and almost non existent recoil, but I’m not pushing the envelope on the load either. I have taken some mature mule deer bucks without issue at reasonable ranges.

kota

FNG
What grain NBT in the 6.5 is the equivalent of the tough 120 grain NBT in the 7mm?
If you are looking for a tough bullet in that weight range I would try the 125 partition. Similar weight, and no guessing about the construction.
I reload that bullet for a hunting partner’s creedmoor and he has taken both muleys and blacktails with it.

I haven’t had any bad shot angles or hit bone with the 120 BT, so I don’t have any experience to really know how tough of a bullet it is. All I can say is they have all produced exit holes, and they weren’t gory or softball sized.

N2TRKYS

WKR
10-4. The 7mm 120 grain NBT is a tough bullet and has worked very well for me. Just didn’t know if there was a sleeper in the 6.5 version.

KenLee

WKR
10-4. The 7mm 120 grain NBT is a tough bullet and has worked very well for me. Just didn’t know if there was a sleeper in the 6.5 version.
Oh yeah, the 120 gr NBT 7mm-08 is my go to round.
On a couple youth 7mm-08 rifles, we run the 120 gr TTSX because the rifle love them and a few of these kids still get buck fever and the TTSX still get the nod on penetration with 2x expansion.