15x binos or spotter?

OP
Lucasraymond
I'd sure like to know if the eyecups on those 15s (B5's???) don't extend far enough to get proper eye placement without glasses which is a serious problem I have with my Maven B5 18x56s I even have to unscrew the removable eye cups all the way literally teeter totter on the last half threads on both sides and still not quite enough extension for me.

It's a huge shameful and unacceptable design flaw IMHO on Maven's part. Hopefully the 15s have WAY SHORTER eye relief compared to my 18s.

The SIG ZULU 10 10x56 which is a cousin of the Mavens and Razor UHDs have it even worst because their eyecups don't seem to be totally unscrewable like the B5s.
The B5 has a 17.8mm eye relief but most fall in the 15-18mm range. The bushnell forge has a 21mm which would be perfect for glasses.

I much prefer a set of binos over a spotter. I went with a pair of binos that did double duty having an 8-12x range. On a tripod or a monopod they are pretty awesome. They are Leica DuoVids, they also come in a 10-15x option, but they are hard to find.

308Baer

FNG
I run the conquest 15Xs and athlon Ares 15-45X60 spotter. I love and prefer glassing with 15Xs. Can spend all day in them picking apart a hillside. The spotter is nice for judging antler size. I find myself leaving the 15x's at home if I'm packing in a couple miles. I can still glass with the spotter, although not as efficient as the 15s. Having the spotter to judge game and help decide whether or not to close the distance is the deciding factor for me.

Either the 15x56 B5 or SLC would be solid choices and I personally wouldn’t buy anything of lower quality. With high magnification binoculars everything is magnified, including aberrations. Minor optical imperfections are very noticeable. I spent a bit of time with both the 15 and 18x Maven and feel the 18x is just a bridge too far for that optical design. To me the 15x is sharper and more satisfying.

OP
Lucasraymond
Ive learned buy once cry once with my PRS rig and optics…so im testing the B5 out and borrowing a friends SLC to go head to head.