17" vs 19" ILF riser

GregB

WKR
I'm looking at getting an ILF set up, my DL is 28", so what the pros and cons are between a 17 and 19" riser.

Generally the longer riser is a little more
forgiving, less string pinch, and possibly more comfortable to shoot because if that. They all leads to a little more accuracy. Downside is it is a little longer. May not notice the extra 2” though. You would probably be fine with either though. I have a 17” riser and 31” draw and shoot it really well... but gave a 21 I practice with and a 19” on the way that will probably be my go to going forward. Draw weight will be kore with the 17 by a couple lbs.

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
Main difference is bow length but depending on the length of limbs you plan on running can make the difference of what riser you should choose. From my understanding longer riser with shorter limbs will increase performance, but not be as smooth or forgiving.

I am personally running a 17” riser with xl longbow limbs or long recurve limbs for my 30” draw and find them very comfortable.

Beendare

WKR
I have both. I shoot 3 under with a 30" DL. I slightly prefer the 19/longs.

The longer bow always feels more forgiving.....but with a 28" DL, a 17" riser with longs making a 62" bow could be the sweet spot for you.

You might even like 60" better....17" riser with mediums.

hockey7

FNG
I have a 28" draw also, and I'm switching to a 19" riser...why...because with a set of super recurve limbs, the bow is not going to be 62" (19" riser and medium limbs)....it will be under 60".
You can get away with a longer riser for more stability, longer sight window, and even long limbs for less finger pinch and smoother draw, and still be at 60" with SR limbs.

OP
G

GregB

WKR
I am planning on a 62” bow whether I go with a 17” or 19” riser. The Satori from 3 rivers is on sale for 799 right now. It’s pretty tempting.

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
I'd buy the Satori riser but different limbs. You can find cheaper limbs that perform as good or better and save a lot of money. I did by the full Satori set up but sold the limbs after a while.

OP
G

GregB

WKR
I'd buy the Satori riser but different limbs. You can find cheaper limbs that perform as good or better and save a lot of money. I did by the full Satori set up but sold the limbs after a while.
What limbs do you recommend?

Beendare

WKR
Can't get much more for the money than Trad Tech Black Max 2.0
The WNS C5 carbon/foam limbs at Alt services for $190........I think those are the best limb for the price I tried. Its amazing how well these perform compared to limbs costing 3x....hard to tell the difference.

OP
G

GregB

WKR
The WNS C5 carbon/foam limbs at Alt services for $190........I think those are the best limb for the price I tried. Its amazing how well these perform compared to limbs costing 3x....hard to tell the difference.
Is their limb weight based on a 25" riser?

PHo

WKR
Loving my tradtech rc woods from Lancaster! Made by the same manufacturer that makes WNS limbs (Win&Win). Uukhas deserve a look as well.

OP
G

GregB

WKR
I appreciate everyone's input. I decided to go with a 17" DAS Dalaa riser and WNS C5 long limbs should be about 54# w/ the riser. And hopefully I can keep my wife from finding out.

Beendare

WKR
Is their limb weight based on a 25" riser?
Yes sir.....I think they are 6-8# more on a 17/19" riser and should give you apps 6# weight adjustment.........but check me on that.

My 36# Uukha longs are 48-50# at 30' DL on my 19" Dryad riser. My 44# Inno longs are 54# at 30" DL on my 17" Morrison riser. I have the older version of those C5's but can't remember the specifics of what they are on my 17" riser....shockingly good limb for the price. The Trad talk guys were raving about them at the time...and they were right.

Some risers have a slightly different limb pocket angle thus the weight will vary between manufacturers.