.19 vs .10 pin

Love my .10's on my Montana Black Gold. No glow lights and plenty bright.

Once I started chasing goats (and soon muflon) that have at times required shots past 40 yards, I wondered why I never used .10 size pin earlier. I would have a hard time going back to a larger pin.

Not a GIF IMO.
However, I have seen many .01 fibers wrapped by some thick wrapping that blocks out a good portion of the target. I prefer small diameter fibers wrapped tightly by the pin....otherwise it seems to defeat some of the purpose of the smaller pin diameter.
Just my 2cents

I've got .19 on my SH and they look perfect at first sight, but at distance they can get fat. And with my astigmatism in my shooting eye, they actually blur and can block out spots. On and animal though, they're not too fat. I think on my next sight, I'll go .10.

The best long range shooting that I've ever done was with .029" pins, so the larger size doesn't limit my accuracy at all. But I prefer 7 pins in my sight so have the .019's. My 3D sight (SH) has all .010's and I really don't like them much.

Depends on your eyesight. My .10 pins is much more difficult to see compared to the two .19" above it. I compounded the issue by making it a tiny red pin. I'm gonna mail it in one day to have it changed to a grn .19

I think it would depend on the sight and how bright the pins are. I know with my CBE Tek hunter, the .10 pins would not be bright enough with out the aid of a light.

I love having both. .19 for my 20 and 30 yard pins, then .10 for my 40 and 50 yard. It's a custom MBG pure gold slider so my 50 is good well beyond. Even at low light I can easily use the 0.10 pins, but MBG is known as some of the brightest.

I love having both. .19 for my 20 and 30 yard pins, then .10 for my 40 and 50 yard. It's a custom MBG pure gold slider so my 50 is good well beyond. Even at low light I can easily use the 0.10 pins, but MBG is known as some of the brightest.

Agree. I run a MBG 3 pin slider and the top two are .19 and the slider is .10 The .10 is still visible to me at last light and I have aging eyes! I really like the .10 for anything past 40.

Last edited:
Agree. I run a MBG 3 pin slider and the top two are .19 and the slider is .10 The .10 is still visible to me at last light and I have aging eyes! I really likek the .10 for anything past 40.

This is how I have my MBG 3 pin slider set up as well. Works great!

Back