Sold 1953 Belgian Browning Sweet 16 + Vintage shells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I recently was given this gun by my stepmother and don't know any history on it. My father owned it but I'm not sure he ever used it. Most likely was one of his uncle's guns, considering the unopened boxes of vintage shells that came with it.

This is a 1953 Belgian-made Browning Sweet Sixteen with the round knob and horn butt plate. Functions perfectly. I have shot it about 7 times just for a function check. I believe it's a full choke (single asterisk stamp mark) but can't be sure about that. The pattern I shot with #4 and #6's at 30 yards looked more like a modified choke than full.

Gun book value on this shotgun in this condition is roughly $1,000 although they are going for more on GunBroker. Usually in the $1200-1400 range. Sometimes significantly more.

I would like these vintage shells to go with the gun, although as you can understand, shipping would be a real pain. Three of these boxes of shells are unopened. One box of slugs and both boxes of Remington #4 shot. The other boxes are partial, including some vintage paper hull shells.

I really don't want to mess with GunBroker and I want this to find it's way to someone who will actually use it as guns like this deserve to be hunted. I'm just not really a shotgun guy, and my over/under does all I need it to do.

I might consider trades for a 20 gauge over/under of equal value, or a vintage lever action Marlin or Winchester in .357 or .44 Magnum. But I can't really think of anything else I want at the moment.

Let's help this gun find a good home with someone who will give her the attention she deserves.

Buyers willing to drive within an hour of my home will get the shells with the deal at no extra cost. Some of those boxes alone are worth $40-50.

Not looking to make a lot here. Just want it to find a good home and hopefully spend some more time in the field.

I'll start out asking $1,000 shipped from me to your FFL for just the gun, or $1,000 for the gun and shells if you come pick it up locally within an hour of Katy (west side of Houston) Texas. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2461.JPG
    IMG_2461.JPG
    366.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2462.JPG
    IMG_2462.JPG
    457 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    464.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2467.JPG
    IMG_2467.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If that had a vent rib I would be your bestest buddy lol
Right! :D

I really wasn't familiar with these old Belgian A5's before I ended up with this one, but when I shoulder this shotgun, you can't tell it's not a vent rib because of that high back on the receiver. The front bead just sits right there on top of the receiver. Frankly, it has a better sight picture than my O/U 20 gauge. I have gone back and forth about keeping it, but it's just not something I'm going to use and I know how much these old guns mean to some folks. So I'd rather see it get used.

But yes, the vent ribs do bring another $300+ from what I've seen.

UPDATE*********

That didn't last long. Found a local buyer and have two more lined up.

I knew these guns were popular, but I had no idea. Glad it's getting a new home!

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.