1X scopes now legal in Washington

Well our state finally legalized 1X scopes for muzzleloaders. For you guys already using 1X scopes how are they working out?

Last edited:

zfpnw

FNG
Regs say variable power allowed? I was under the impression it could be any greater than 1x.

Right now I don't see any of the major brands making 1x scopes. I'm sure Vortex or Leupold will pivot on the opportunity and start making them soon.

zfpnw

FNG
Right now I don't see any of the major brands making 1x scopes. I'm sure Vortex or Leupold will pivot on the opportunity and start making them soon.
Leupold makes a 1x34 red dot. That with a picatinny rail mount is the route I am going.

Jake538

FNG
I happen to hunt Utah and Washington State, would love for Someone to manufacture a 1x scope for my muzzleloader. The regs for muzzleloader hunting are practically identical now.

zfpnw

FNG
I happen to hunt Utah and Washington State, would love for Someone to manufacture a 1x scope for my muzzleloader. The regs for muzzleloader hunting are practically identical now.
Check out Vortex and Leupold. They both have a 1x red dot. You have to get the picatinny rail mount, but it's doable.

OP
lazydrifter
I picked up a Pentax Lightseeker SG 1X scope with the crosshair and circle reticle for my main muzzleloader. It's a Burris made scope. I think it will work out good. I picked up a Vortex 1X for my back up muzzleloader. The crosshair on the vortex is quite a bit thicker. Looked at the Leupold RDS but was worried what the final height of the scope would be off the barrel. If someone has one of these mounted post up some pictures.