2014 coast bull

Just thought I'd post something about my 2014 season on the Oregon coast bull elk hunt. This is a diy hunt but I'm close to home so no camping but I am out hiking more than I normally would. Didn't draw a controlled tag this year so I'm trying to hunt general season. First challenge I've ran into is there is a lot of people and its very crowded but were trying. Today was first day didn't see a thing wife wanted to go and with no babysitter we were confined to my pickup but spotted some areas to search Sunday by myself. If anyone has some questions just ask.

OP
M
No luck today there is just way to many people I'm thinking next time I don't draw a tag I'm just not gonna hunt. Seen one bull this morning but so did 5 other hunters. I went home around 10 for brunch and decided rather than fight the crowd I would just jump units and help find a cow for my disabled mother in law didnt see anything. My in-laws have a plan to hunt a different area in the morning turns out they couldn't hunt it because of blown down trees. I removed the trees for them its private timberland I bucked them at export lengths so hopefully the landowner isn't to mad cause if I didn't cut them someone else would have. Anyway plan for tomorrow is to take my gun and gear to work and hope to see something at work only two days left.

OP
M
Worked today and some stuff came up with work and ended up working a 10 hr day which left me like a half hour of shooting light but hopefully I can get away in the middle of the day even if its just for a half hour cause tomorrow is the last day

OP
M
Today was last day didn't see anything hunted till dark so maybe next year.

Babich9

FNG
Me and a handful of work buddies from California go up on our yearly trip. This year we hunted the siuslaw forest for the 4 day season. We ran into maybe 3 other total hunters. Had miles to ourselves and the loggers lol. Well I personally didn't see anything. One of the guys in our group said he saw one but was too late to get the rifle up. I'll say one thing and that this forest is thick! I thought some of our areas were thick and they don't compare to here. Those elk are like ghosts! Until next year!