2021 - Weight Loss/Way in Thread

three5x5s

WKR
Week 17 weigh in, 129.6 I'll take that and be happy. Would like stay at 128-130 but gain strength & muscle. I'm afraid that for me losing the extra pounds was easier than gaining the strength & muscle will be.

206 today.... flat lined on weight loss. Definitely a little discouraging. I do lift and knock out good cardio every week but I am on TRT and they say you can build muscle like you were in your 20's sometimes.. I'm hoping that's the culprit. My waist size has slimmed during this som leaning towards building muscle as the cause to slno wait loss....IDK... but going to keep grinding.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Saw 203.8 yesterday. Up to 3 miles running 3 days a week now. Drew my elk tag so $&¡+ just got real

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
218 this morning. Friday I'll do 1RMs for snatch, clean & jerk, and front squat to build out my competition train-up, and week after next I start week 1 of that program. Progress on the scale has slowed, but not stopped. But I'm happy. I'm still doing well in my workouts, in some cases setting new PRs. And I've started swimming a few times a week as a means to work some cardio without the joint abuse I get from running. Will keep you all updated.
Another update - I'm still hovering around 220lbs, give or take, depending on the day. I am 4 weeks into my competition train-up, and I'm finding that I need to be more careful about what I eat. Doing a lot of strength training, I'm probably putting on a little bit of muscle, which is to be expected. But I do need to make weight, so we'll see how it goes. I'll update again in a few weeks.

EzzyF

FNG
Go for longer rucks with weighted vest or backpack with weight in it. Don’t have to move to fast but it keeps the HR up without gassing out to quickly. Good calorie burn and backpack training at the same time.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
End of June update. Got down below 230 over the past month but that was losing muscle and probably gaining fat due to my back/sciatica issues. Been hovering around 234 the last week.

Back is doing better and I am back in the gym trying to regain strength. Crazy how much my right leg has weakened from the nerve issues. I am trying to focus on my core lifts and throwing in single leg exercises every workout. I will also try and get the pack back on this week.

64 days until season opener! Been shooting my bow every day and dreaming about screaming bulls.

Might as well get one going and try to motivate each other...November and December I got Lazy and ate and drank way too much...Realized I really needed to make a change from seeing myself in pictures but also the acid reflux kicking in. Weighed 265 on Christmas Eve at 5'11"... TIME FOR CHANGE!!! Bought an elliptical and some free weights and started my weight loss journey on Dec. 30th.

Was at 256 Monday morning the 18th (Doing Weekly Weigh Ins)

Goal is to be at 245 by end of January, 230 by end of Feb, 215, by end of March, 200 by end of April, Final weight of 190 by End of May.
Full body movements burn calories: squat, deadlift, thrusters, Kettlebell swings are king

Bearsears

WKR
New weigh in after a few weeks. 260.8. Down another 4.8lbs. Everything's going well. Doing a family boating and camping trip next week so Ill have to figure out a camp workout and try to keep my eating in check. I definitely do feel like my body is ready for a week out of the gym though before I hit some sort of over-training issues. I hope everyone is doing well.

Height: 5'10"
Goal weight by 9/1: 240 lbs
Starting weight 1/15: 309 lbs
Current weight 6/09: 260.8 lbs
Total weight loss: 48.2 lbs
New weigh in 258lbs. Ive lost 50 pounds!!! Ive been off my diet game for the last few weeks and bouncing up and down in weight. Family vacations make it hard. Workouts are still going well and consistent. Getting closer to season so I'm probably going to switch up things and do more cardio and pack training and less heavy lifting.

Height: 5'10"
Goal weight by 9/1: 240 lbs
Starting weight 1/15: 309 lbs
Current weight 7/6: 258.0 lbs
Total weight loss: 51 lbs!!!!

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
So not trending in the right direction 236 now but feeling stronger and back pain is minimal so I will take that. Been rucking a couple times a week and back to at least 3 lifting workouts/week. I need to up the cardio over the next month and working to drop down to 225 by season opener 9/2. I have dreamt about this tag for years so need to make the best of it.

Reactions: LLB
Screenshot_20210724-095609_MyFitnessPal.jpg

Little hiccup after a week long vacation, but still going steady. Up to a 5.25 mile run every MWF, averaging an 8:45 min mile

three5x5s

WKR
Just a little update. #130.4 this mornig so I'm staying in the ball park. But the best news is, when I went to low carb my wife has went low carb to. She has lost 20 lbs and just got her best blood work in 20 years. A1c in April 7.4, July 6.4. We still eat good things, we just had to relearn how and what to cook. Hip2Keto has helped and this forum to. Thanks to all who post up. We still have a long way to go on the exercise.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
I am 6.0" and on Jan 5th was 250 lbs.

Today's weight in has me at 232 lbs on Feb 16th.

My knees are noticing the benefit of the weight loss.

=======================================

Update ... today's weigh in I was 221 lbs ... many false starts but now moving in the right direction.
Update ... am at 219 lbs on todays weigh-in even with a few really good cheat days. Need to watch the carbs and ice cream ... :p😋

Well I plateaued there for a while which I think can be normal. Today's weigh in I am at 217 lbs.

Congrats to all who are making progress, and to those who are not hitting their goals, stay focused and committed. It will happen if you stay mentally strong!

I want to congratulate EVERY guy (or gal) who is working their plan and dropping weight. You and I need to be playing the long game, which is not about hunting today or this season. It's about a far better and healthier life for each of us and those who love us. Getting the weight off can be a long and arduous task. Then comes the old and familiar conundrum of how to keep it off long-term. I have not been perfect about that, but I do know one key element of maintaining my weight; get on the digital scale every single day and keep a record. You can't know if you're losing weight unless you scale, and the same is true for weight gain. DON'T let the scale become your dreaded nemesis.

I'm 6'-0" barefoot and age 64. In 2014 I dropped 60 pounds from 260 down to 200. Today I weighed 198 and I'm working down to 195. The effect on my overall life has been indescribable. I went from 38 jeans being tight to 34 jeans having room. I wear a medium in many shirts. I swim in an XL t-shirt today. I no longer suffer from Dunlop syndrome. My entire being feels more in-tune and responsive.

Whatever you do, don't EVER surrender to being obese. Don't resign yourself to that...fight it for yourself and your family. My brother (72 years old) was a slender young sailor who put weight on all his life. He hit 300 and became hopeless. Nobody could motivate him, and he couldn't sustain any self-motivation. Today he is extremely obese. Diabetic. Heart disease. Cirrhosis. Immune disorders. Parkinsonism symptoms. He blames much of it on outside influences and factors. Not willing to hold himself personally accountable for his current health issues.

Become the person you want to be. Don't let anything keep you from doing it.

Kevin

mlgc20

WKR
I want to congratulate EVERY guy (or gal) who is working their plan and dropping weight. You and I need to be playing the long game, which is not about hunting today or this season. It's about a far better and healthier life for each of us and those who love us. Getting the weight off can be a long and arduous task. Then comes the old and familiar conundrum of how to keep it off long-term. I have not been perfect about that, but I do know one key element of maintaining my weight; get on the digital scale every single day and keep a record. You can't know if you're losing weight unless you scale, and the same is true for weight gain. DON'T let the scale become your dreaded nemesis.

I'm 6'-0" barefoot and age 64. In 2014 I dropped 60 pounds from 260 down to 200. Today I weighed 198 and I'm working down to 195. The effect on my overall life has been indescribable. I went from 38 jeans being tight to 34 jeans having room. I wear a medium in many shirts. I swim in an XL t-shirt today. I no longer suffer from Dunlop syndrome. My entire being feels more in-tune and responsive.

Whatever you do, don't EVER surrender to being obese. Don't resign yourself to that...fight it for yourself and your family. My brother (72 years old) was a slender young sailor who put weight on all his life. He hit 300 and became hopeless. Nobody could motivate him, and he couldn't sustain any self-motivation. Today he is extremely obese. Diabetic. Heart disease. Cirrhosis. Immune disorders. Parkinsonism symptoms. He blames much of it on outside influences and factors. Not willing to hold himself personally accountable for his current health issues.

Become the person you want to be. Don't let anything keep you from doing it.

Kevin
A fantastic post. And so true. I am in my late forties. Since January, I have lost 70 pounds from intermittent fasting and walking. The change in my life has been amazing. Much higher energy level. My sleep apnea is gone. My cholesterol is down. Blood pressure is down. I just went to the doctor for the first time in several years. All of my numbers are in the "normal" range. I still have more work to do though.

There are a lot of different ways to lose weight. What worked for me was tweaking a lot of little things. I feel like those changes are now just part of my new lifestyle. I needed to find a way to lose weight that was effective and sustainable. Keep after it and find what works for you. The hardest part is just getting started.