2022 Blacktail Bucks

First ak deer
4b7fec6b4d1058be9aea02b99c6144e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

End of the season meat buck, didnt take many pics. Naturally I kicked up a stud of a 3 point on the pack out.
20221103_112900.jpg

Twitch

WKR
My wife changed jobs early in the season which meant I now have to take our little boys to and from school, effectively eliminating any possibility of morning or afternoon hunts.
I hit weekends best I could, but all the spots I’ve seen good deer activity in previous years were dead this year. The weekend of Halloween I logged 15.6 miles on the boots for 3 does and a fawn.
I was so frustrated seeing a cougar and more coyotes than deer I actually just took my foxpro out one day and did predator hunting; killing 2 coyotes.
I've decided to make a hard effort at predator hunting this winter and spring. The deer need the help!

Friday my boys didn’t have school and my sister in law offered to babysit. My boss said “go hunting!” So I did, and hit a new spot in an area I’ve never gone to before. Walking in to the unit in the POURING rain and howling wind, I come around a corner on the old logging road and find this guy nose deep in a doe next to a raging creek. Breaking him down and packing out in two trips was the wettest day in the woods I’ve ever experienced!

Now to shoot some predators!

buck 2022 resize.jpg

My wife changed jobs early in the season which meant I now have to take our little boys to and from school, effectively eliminating any possibility of morning or afternoon hunts.
I hit weekends best I could, but all the spots I’ve seen good deer activity in previous years were dead this year. The weekend of Halloween I logged 15.6 miles on the boots for 3 does and a fawn.
I was so frustrated seeing a cougar and more coyotes than deer I actually just took my foxpro out one day and did predator hunting; killing 2 coyotes.
I've decided to make a hard effort at predator hunting this winter and spring. The deer need the help!

Friday my boys didn’t have school and my sister in law offered to babysit. My boss said “go hunting!” So I did, and hit a new spot in an area I’ve never gone to before. Walking in to the unit in the POURING rain and howling wind, I come around a corner on the old logging road and find this guy nose deep in a doe next to a raging creek. Breaking him down and packing out in two trips was the wettest day in the woods I’ve ever experienced!

Now to shoot some predators!

View attachment 471977
Awesome buck. Friday was nasty!

landis07

FNG
Very nice buck Twitch!! Some big bucks coming out of Oregon!! Nothing beats orange colored antlers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
Thx. That a friend's buck unfortunately. My one evaded me so I'll get his arse next year. Huntin blacktail is a love hate thing!

Rogue Bay

WKR
Thx. That a friend's buck unfortunately. My one evaded me so I'll get his arse next year. Huntin blacktail is a love hate thing!
I think most people who hunt blacktails would agree. They are the most challenging, frustrating and addicting animal I’ve ever hunted. At the end of each season, after they’ve beat me up, I already can’t wait for the next season.

Sounds like you have a great spot. I have no doubts you’ll be posting a smoker for us to admire next season 😜