2022 Bows

OR Archer

WKR
To break up the monotony of all these arrow threads I thought I’d change focus on the upcoming New Years bows. What’s everyone wanting to see their favorite manufacturer release this year?

HbDane

WKR
Hoyt- I love the new cam system, I'd like to see their carbon bow go down in weight.
Mathews- haven't been impressed in years, so something totally new would be cool.
PSE- it's hard to beat the Mach 1, but I'm sure they can figure something out.
Prime- Nexus 4 was one of my favorite bows this year, maybe work on noise and vibration.
Bowtech- I'd really like an SR6 with the deadlock system.

Brizzle

FNG
Integrate mounted whisker biscuits… if everyone is starting to go integrate I’d like to see more rest options for them. I love my QAD but I also love my biscuits… also I don’t know about the integrated sights, I run dovetails on all my bows so maybe a universal dovetail among sight manufacturers with a universal integrated mount between bow companies?

One that hits where I'm aiming, all the time.

Like when I really **** up.

Really I just look for durable easy to tune systems. We have hit what we are going to with speeds, now it's about tuning. Everyone is in a race to do that the best now.

See what emerges.

HbDane

WKR
One that hits where I'm aiming, all the time.

Like when I really **** up.

Really I just look for durable easy to tune systems. We have hit what we are going to with speeds, now it's about tuning. Everyone is in a race to do that the best now.

See what emerges.
I agree, the only other thing I would like to see is current speeds but with 7" brace heights and above

I’m pumped to see what Hoyt comes out with to refine their new system. I haven’t enjoyed Hoyt in a good while, and impulse bought a Ventum 30 after shooting it. Best cam system out there, in my opinion. If they can lighten their carbon, they’re gonna sell a good number of them.

if Mathews gets rid of the floating yokes, I’ll be excited.

PSE is doing well, so let’s see if they can lighten up their bows as well

One that is over 35 inches A2A closer to 40 if possible. I'll be first in line. If not, I'm going to order limbs for my conquest and take it to the grave.

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt- I love the new cam system, I'd like to see their carbon bow go down in weight.
Mathews- haven't been impressed in years, so something totally new would be cool.
PSE- it's hard to beat the Mach 1, but I'm sure they can figure something out.
Prime- Nexus 4 was one of my favorite bows this year, maybe work on noise and vibration.
Bowtech- I'd really like an SR6 with the deadlock system.
Welp PSE just released their Levitate. Short 1 minute teaser on their fb page. Lancaster has a video on it maybe?

jmez

WKR
Good specs, would prefer it to be a couple inches longer. Would guess it will have a fairly aggressive draw cycle.

Want a 7 inch brace performance bow, that will have a really aggressive draw cycle. There is a reason they don't do that.

Last edited:
Good specs, would prefer it to be a couple inches longer. Would guess it will have a fairly aggressive draw cycle.

Want a 7 inch brace performance bow that will have a really aggressive draw cycle. There is a reason they don't do that.
I’m in the same boat, I’d be all over it if it was a little longer ATA.

jmez

WKR
Interested to see what Hoyt does. I'd guess nothing much. Haven't really heard any complaints about the new system which is surprising. I haven't bought a new one in three years, may be time this year!!

Deadlock cam adjustment, 34" ata, 7" BH, and cams beefier than the revolt X.

Revolt x was near perfect but have seen more than one case of damaging those chincy cams. no go if your climbing around the mountains.

TheTone

WKR
I’d like to see Mathews essentially bring the Traverse back, Hoyt put things on a diet and bowtech ditch the plastic limb pockets

Reactions: ZDR

ZDR

WKR
I’m betting Mathews will offer a V3 in the 33-34” range and I’m hoping the price increase will be small…2% or less

Interested to see what Hoyt does. I'd guess nothing much. Haven't really heard any complaints about the new system which is surprising. I haven't bought a new one in three years, may be time this year!!

Yeah if they can just polish up on what they have started and shave some unnecessary weight in comparison to other companies I think they will be great. I think PSE will come out swinging and coattailing for this years success. Mathews hopefully takes care of the longer axle crowd with a longer V3. I’d also like to see Hoyt release a new and improved ILF riser for recurve hunting.

rideold

WKR
Revolt x was near perfect but have seen more than one case of damaging those chincy cams.

Agreed! The big bummer about the deadlock cams is that if you do damage one it is $250 to replace the set because they come as a fully built system. Love how mine shoots but I won't take it hunting. Don't ask me how I know.