2023 Alaska Moose Hunt Video

birwin

FNG
Great Video!
I'm headed for a moose hunt in AK in September 2024. Would you be willing to share a gear list you used to pack? Also, did you ship your gear? And if so, what carrier did you use? I'm flying out of Portland to Anchorage. Then on to McGrath.

Thanks,

OP
MQQSE

MQQSE

FNG
Great Video!
I'm headed for a moose hunt in AK in September 2024. Would you be willing to share a gear list you used to pack? Also, did you ship your gear? And if so, what carrier did you use? I'm flying out of Portland to Anchorage. Then on to McGrath.

Thanks,
I ship gear to Alaska on Alaska air cargo. Works well for me and not too expensive. My gear list changes with each hunt and depending on where I will be hunting and my weight limits. I tend to take it if I think I will need it. I’ve always taken too much as you can see in the video. Sometimes having too much causes more work than not having quite enough.

It’s a moose hunt and I like a comfortable camp. Often on moose hunts you won’t see game for a long time and having a nice camp where you can relax and get your head straight is a big positive.