2023 Alaska Moose Hunt Success

Spent 18 days in the field this year. We got three bulls at camp, including a 14 year old young man his first bull moose! I didn't get mine until the absolute last evening I could hunt before I had to head back home. Saw the flash of some antlers way out, over a mile away and let out a loud cow call. He looked right at us and then came in hot the whole distance. I was getting a little worried at the end as I was running out of shooting light quick and he kept hanging up the last few hundred yards in a nasty part of a swamp. I got him to come to 140 yards and when he turned broad side I took my shot. He whirled around and started right back to the nasty swamp so I put another in him which dropped him down in a wet, but not completely nasty piece of ground, lol. It was my 11 year old's birthday and he has always wanted to see a moose go down, and he had a front row seat to the action! I think he was more excited than I was when he dropped. I normally don't let people sit on moose for pics, but the swamp water was over his little rubber boots so I put him up on the moose island for the picture. :)
IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_1492(1).jpg
20230918_082816.jpg
How wide?

20230919_181652.jpg
One tenderloin

bmrfish

WKR
That is a whole lotta cutting and packing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I'll say right about 60" give or take 1-2". Congrats on a great bull!

hoodb

FNG
Congratulations, It's very impressive and especially on the last evening! What a memorable experience to share with your 11-year-old on his birthday. It sounds like a truly special moment in the field.