2023 Bird and Dog pics

ianpadron

WKR
c9f2ae6070d21a91e3a67f012e011a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing gives me more joy than going scorched earth on those little masked banditos. Nice work

I love/hate Chukar hunting. First time love, every time there after pure revenge.
No revenge here. I can’t get enough of it. Hunting pheasants is fun but I can do that when I’m old. Every day I’m out there I feel fortunate I have the health and physical ability to do this, and the dogs to enjoy it with.

IMG_3851.jpegIMG_3861.jpegIMG_4046.jpegIMG_5580.jpegIMG_5625.jpegIMG_5648.jpegIMG_5716.jpeg952966DD-DECC-4AC1-AAEA-EA41668B6F63.jpeg0D70EDC7-EE7B-4E74-873E-F5B105B2039F.jpeg

cmahoney

WKR
No revenge here. I can’t get enough of it. Hunting pheasants is fun but I can do that when I’m old. Every day I’m out there I feel fortunate I have the health and physical ability to do this, and the dogs to enjoy it with.

View attachment 666372View attachment 666373View attachment 666378View attachment 666379View attachment 666380View attachment 666381View attachment 666382View attachment 666383View attachment 666384

No kidding
08f3054983ba806bb08ab40de9907e90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
That all looks like the terrain I use to hunt for the devil birds. We would leave camp around day break and head uphill, into the rimrocks.. We always had a few snacks, and plenty of water which was hard to find in the areas we hunted. we would hunt all morning with a few breaks, then stop for a long lunch somewhere in the hills. then we would work are way back to camp. If we were lucky we would get our limits, 6 birds, and not have to hunt the afternoon. Now at 74 with one new knee and hip, those days are over. I did love it though. I think all my GSP's loved it even more, hell I know they did.

Dos XX

WKR
Man, I want to go hunt Chukar. I'm not sure my dogs are ready for that, yet. Maybe one more season. Maybe I'm overthinking it and should take them next year.

Dos XX

WKR
Why do you question if they are ready?
My older one would be good to go. I haven't been able to get my younger one out as much as I should have this year. I had him out yesterday and he actually did really good.

We are used to hunting CRP fields or farm land. I have never had them in a wide open area like that. It is probably me that I am really questioning.

I had them both in the field together for the first time yesterday. It was a bit of the PIA to keep up with both of them, but by the end of the day, I was pretty comfortable with it. These are the first dogs I have ever had.

My older one would be good to go. I haven't been able to get my younger one out as much as I should have this year. I had him out yesterday and he actually did really good.

We are used to hunting CRP fields or farm land. I have never had them in a wide open area like that. It is probably me that I am really questioning.
Unless you’re worried about one running off I wouldn’t worry about it. Both of these dogs were started on wild chukars at about 6-7 months of age. I use GPS collars on them but I can only think of one time when I needed it to find a semi lost dog. If they are running too big I just whistle them back in or tone them with the collar.

Dos XX

WKR
Unless you’re worried about one running off I wouldn’t worry about it. Both of these dogs were started on wild chukars at about 6-7 months of age. I use GPS collars on them but I can only think of one time when I needed it to find a semi lost dog. If they are running too big I just whistle them back in or tone them with the collar.
They both will come to a whistle, only occasionally requiring a little nudge from the collar. I am confident neither would run off. I should go for it.