2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
Can't wait to redeem myself this year. Pick 60 yards as my MER last year and proved it was not realistic. Part of it was me, and part was my strings stretching just enough to change timing. I thought I had put enough shots on them, but that was not the case.

Getting my Hoyt Helix Ultra set up for TN TAC. Once that's done, I'll concentrate on my hunting bow (Hoyt RX3 Ultra) with a new sight, arrows and broadheads for this.
I’ll be shooting Friday and Saturday at that TAC! It’s always a good time

Felton

WKR
I’ll have to look into that cold bore challenge! Idk if I have anywhere close that I can make that work.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SKRE Gear jumped at the chance to support ROKSLIDE members and offered the ELITE Starter Bundle in support of the cold bow challenge.

Hardscabble Jacket
Hardscrabble Pants
Kaibab 150 1\4 zip top
are included in a ELITE Starter Bundle

Elite-Starter-Bundle.jpg

Question regarding cold bow.
If I do trad with field points
Then compound with broad heads am I still good or both need to be broadheads? Obviously shot distance will be different

Sevr ok in practice mode or want the pin out?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question regarding cold bow.
If I do trad with field points
Then compound with broad heads am I still good or both need to be broadheads? Obviously shot distance will be different

Sevr ok in practice mode or want the pin out?
You can shoot broadheads for one bow and field points with the other.

Yes you can lock the blades on a sever, you can not however use a dedicated practice head that isn't a true broadhead and receive the added drawing entries.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You can shoot broadheads for one bow and field points with the other.

Yes you can lock the blades on a sever, you can not however use a dedicated practice head that isn't a true broadhead and receive the added drawing entries.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Sam nailed it!

The word.

CorbLand

WKR
First year that I have been able to participate. I haven’t really been dedicated to archery for the last 4 years due to not having a close place to shoot.

Going for a max effective range of 45-50.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
First year that I have been able to participate. I haven’t really been dedicated to archery for the last 4 years due to not having a close place to shoot.

Going for a max effective range of 45-50.
Welcome! You won’t regret it

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
THis year is a time-crunch for me with various work projects popping up but is why I like the CBC as it forces me to push it and get shooting.

I’ve only put about 100 arrrows through my new Mathews Phase-4 and while I feel rusty, it ssems to be shooting a tad better than my Athens that I ran the last 6 CBCS.

Going to step it up the next few days as I have a weekend soccer tourney for my daughter that kills a few days, then just next week and then it’s opening CBC day!

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
THis year is a time-crunch for me with various work projects popping up but is why I like the CBC as it forces me to push it and get shooting.

I’ve only put about 100 arrrows through my new Mathews Phase-4 and while I feel rusty, it ssems to be shooting a tad better than my Athens that I ran the last 6 CBCS.

Going to step it up the next few days as I have a weekend soccer tourney for my daughter that kills a few days, then just next week and then it’s opening CBC day!
I can relate. Baseball/Softball is in full swing here in the south and it takes up a lot of time. But that’s why I love the idea of the CBC because, not only does it get you out shooting your bow, it also brings the hunting community together and helps with keeping us focused on our own personal goals. Like iron sharpening iron. I’m sure I’m not the first to say this, but still true.