2023 Float Hunt

bates

WKR
Had an epic trip a few weeks ago.

Highly recommend papa bear adventures for your diy moose hunting needs

We went 4/4 on a 40 something mile river float hunt.

Probably hardest hunt I’ve done. Moose are some bigg critters !!!!

Great crew and lots of satisfaction getting it done ourselves Especially for some Florida boys one okie and a Georgia man.

https://wallsrifles.com/ got it done.

300 prc and wsm don’t play
IMG_9509.jpeg

IMG_9627.jpegIMG_9778.jpegIMG_9579.jpegIMG_9547.jpegIMG_9519.jpegIMG_9498.jpegIMG_9563.jpegIMG_9626.jpeg

Last edited:

keller

WKR
Nice work.we flew out the day you guys came in didn't get much time to visit but did get to see the Grizzly video. Congrats on a great trip.the trip seems better and easier after getting home.

Wrench

WKR
Nice work.we flew out the day you guys came in didn't get much time to visit but did get to see the Grizzly video. Congrats on a great trip.the trip seems better and easier after getting home.
How'd you guys do?

4 for 4 is pretty tough to beat. I'm sure Alaska airlines loves you guys.

Nice work.

OP
B

bates

WKR
That’s an adventure I’d like to have!

What was the per person cost all in?

i have been asked this a few times. I am not really not the best at remembering these things, this hunt was planned a few years ago.

we all owed just at $10k for the final invoice, this did include all licenses, moose and wolf tags. plus we paid a deposit, but that was a few years ago so i dont remember what that was, plus your travel up to Bethel.

again sorry i dont really keep track of the details, i will say that in todays hunting market especially up North it is kinda worthless less to ask someone what they paid for a past hunt. i can tell you all about the dall sheep hunt i did for $18.5k that is now $30k.

not trying to be rude but prices has gone up and i am sure this hunt has too, Justin runs a superb outfit, he had 3 planes multiple pilots and deck hands, plus a great base camp that can handle storage, shipping, freezers, super nice lodge etc

all i can say is that it was well worth it and i would recommend you get with Justin to talk future pricing and details for the future. if you can i would say send it, prices probably wont ever get any cheaper.

Scottf270

WKR
I have hunted with Justin twice and had stellar trips both times. He has things set up and it's almost the "easy button" of drop off moose hunting. I hate that costs have risen so fast but when you consider what he offers, it's still a bargain.

bmrfish

WKR
That’s an adventure I’d like to have!

What was the per person cost all in?

It’s pushing $15,000 all in counting air transport services, tips, tag, airfare, hotel, food and supplies, gear rental or acquisition, and meat shipping. Huge demand, booking years out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Thats wild that you saw a grizzly out there! They don't even sell grizzly tags for that unit do they?

Thats wild that you saw a grizzly out there! They don't even sell grizzly tags for that unit do they?
B&C world record hunted grizzly is from the unit! Most targeted hunts take place north of the river or where there is an over abundance of bears in the southeastern portion of the unit out in the Killbucks and Togiak.

The bears are pretty low abundance in the delta where most moose hunters are, but they are there. The subsistence hunt is resident only, but the whole unit has a general tag for R/NR brown/grizzly.