Part One:
  1. Bow Weight
  2. Speed Test
  3. Shootability
  4. Draw Cycle
  5. Back Wall
  6. Sound Emitted From Shot
Part One: Head-To-Head Bow Test 2023

Part Two: Field Test on Hunts. (Mathews will not be in part two as I am sending the bow back to the company before hunting season starts)

Let's get the conversations and the questions rolling!

@robby denning
how about doing a test on the carbon bows? very interested in those comparisons

Interested in more description of the draw cycle on the elite compared to the other two.

Everything inhave read anout the omnia has said it is a sweet shooting bow and no one has ever described the draw cycle as harsh or rough or less than good. Is this a comparative thing vs the other two or was the draw tough but the release was smooth?

Btw, thanks for doing this, i love head to head reviews. To the point i think any olympic competition such as figure skating or any of the other of the judged events need to be done head to head and the judging needs to be simply which is better. No other fair way to compare things in my mind.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interested in more description of the draw cycle on the elite compared to the other two.

Everything inhave read anout the omnia has said it is a sweet shooting bow and no one has ever described the draw cycle as harsh or rough or less than good. Is this a comparative thing vs the other two or was the draw tough but the release was smooth?

Btw, thanks for doing this, i love head to head reviews. To the point i think any olympic competition such as figure skating or any of the other of the judged events need to be done head to head and the judging needs to be simply which is better. No other fair way to compare things in my mind.
The Omnia is categorized as a "speed bow" and for a speed bow it has the smoothest draw cycle I have every shot. If you watch the head to head bow test part 2 you will seem me discuss it. It wasn't quite as smooth as the other bows but DAMN CLOSE and it was 10-15fps faster!