2023 Hoyt Bows on Sale

Tilzbow

WKR
Heads up if you’ve been waiting, I was just at my local Scheels and saw they dropped the price for the RX7 and VTM series by $200. Smaller local shop here in Reno indicated they’d be doing the same soon.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a new bow to upgrade my RX1, have read nothing but good things about the RX7 so it seems it’s decision time. Gotta decide soon whether to buy a 2023 or see what comes out in a month or so and pay at least $200, and likely $300, more for a 2024 model that likely doesn’t perform any better but might regret not waiting. Mmm 🤔…….

Edit: I just looked at Hoyt’s website and the RX7 Ultra is now listed for $1,999, vs the $1,899 pre-sale price at Scheels, while the RX7 is now $1,899 on the Hoyt website vs the $1,749 pre-sale price at Scheels. So it seems the price increase has already hit in preparation for the release of the 2024 models. I think that answers my question about waiting or not.

Last edited:

JRB7

FNG
Have you shot an RX7? I am in the same boat, I’ve had the RX1 since it came out but I think I’m going to upgrade to the RX7 if I can get a deal on one.

OP
T

Tilzbow

WKR
Have you shot an RX7? I am in the same boat, I’ve had the RX1 since it came out but I think I’m going to upgrade to the RX7 if I can get a deal on one.

I haven’t shot one for the same reason I won’t test drive a new truck! Seriously though I might go shoot one next week, or tomorrow, whichever comes first. It might just be me but it’s always hard to get a real good feel for a bow, except maybe the draw cycle and back wall, when it’s being shot bare indoors as compared to a fully setup rig at a range with good yardage.

I know camo doesn’t matter and Scheels had several RX7 Ultras in matte brown, buckskin and one other matte color but they didn’t have any in camo. I prefer camo but not sure it’s worth $200-$300 more.

Don’t shoot the RX7 Ultra or you will buy one...not that I’m speaking from experience or anything. It’s an amazing bow.

However, it seems like it’s worth waiting. The 2024 bows will likely get announced in the next month or two, and with the new bows getting released, those sale prices should hold until the RX7 & RX7U inventory is exhausted.

Heads up if you’ve been waiting, I was just at my local Scheels and saw they dropped the price for the RX7 and VTM series by $200. Smaller local shop here in Reno indicated they’d be doing the same soon.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a new bow to upgrade my RX1, have read nothing but good things about the RX7 so it seems it’s decision time. Gotta decide soon whether to buy a 2023 or see what comes out in a month or so and pay at least $200, and likely $300, more for a 2024 model that likely doesn’t perform any better but might regret not waiting. Mmm 🤔…….

Edit: I just looked at Hoyt’s website and the RX7 Ultra is now listed for $1,999, vs the $1,899 pre-sale price at Scheels, while the RX7 is now $1,899 on the Hoyt website vs the $1,749 pre-sale price at Scheels. So it seems the price increase has already hit in preparation for the release of the 2024 models. I think that answers my question about waiting or not.
The price listed on the website is MSRP NOT MAP. So Scheels is selling bows at MAP ( Minimum Advertised Price ) vs. MSRP ( Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price ). Pricing on the website hasn't changed. Scheels just is choosing a minimum pricing level.

fatlander

WKR
You’ll be able to buy an RX7 on here or archery talk for ~50% off as soon as the RX-8 enters the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk