2023 Muley - against all odds

qmalone64

FNG
This year has been the hardest year of my life. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in January that I’ve been fighting since, my health has been a rollercoaster the entire time - battling pneumonia, infections and sicknesses every week, not being able to workout or even see the inside of a gym, and am in the process of being medically discharged from a career in the military that I have done very well and worked very hard In. My mental health has been taxed as much if not more than my physical health and the only way I have been able to maintain is through my family, friends, and faith.

I knew going into this season it would be hard. I knew I would be very limited In what I could do. I only hunt public land and with the amount of pressure faced I did not expect much. But I pushed on.

I put In over six miles yesterday and ten today, dragging my body each step I could manage. The pain of this year kept me going. just wanted a win. The hard work and perseverance paid off and I was able to harvest this mature buck with the 7PRC I built before getting sick.

No matter how bad it is sometimes. Just keep pushing forward. One step at a time.

View attachment 623689View attachment 623697View attachment 623698
Man thats awesome. Props to you for sticking to it. Hoping good news for you health wise in the future. My wife dealing with autoimmune issues as well. Frustrating and confusing for sure. Props to you for a positive attitude.

Jcvr

FNG
What a stud..... congratulations! Way to persevere through the adversity! Good luck

This year has been the hardest year of my life. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in January that I’ve been fighting since, my health has been a rollercoaster the entire time - battling pneumonia, infections and sicknesses every week, not being able to workout or even see the inside of a gym, and am in the process of being medically discharged from a career in the military that I have done very well and worked very hard In. My mental health has been taxed as much if not more than my physical health and the only way I have been able to maintain is through my family, friends, and faith.

I knew going into this season it would be hard. I knew I would be very limited In what I could do. I only hunt public land and with the amount of pressure faced I did not expect much. But I pushed on.

I put In over six miles yesterday and ten today, dragging my body each step I could manage. The pain of this year kept me going. just wanted a win. The hard work and perseverance paid off and I was able to harvest this mature buck with the 7PRC I built before getting sick.

No matter how bad it is sometimes. Just keep pushing forward. One step at a time.

View attachment 623689View attachment 623697View attachment 623698

Congrats OP. May I ask what you were diagnosed with? I was diagnosed with MS in July 2022 after getting the COVID vax in June 2021 (symptoms started in January 2022 it just took me a while to realize what it was).

I too am looking to go on my first (and probably only) muley hunt in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming. Super proud of you man. What an accomplishment.

OP
NWMT_MountainBum

NWMT_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats OP. May I ask what you were diagnosed with? I was diagnosed with MS in July 2022 after getting the COVID vax in June 2021 (symptoms started in January 2022 it just took me a while to realize what it was).

I too am looking to go on my first (and probably only) muley hunt in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming. Super proud of you man. What an accomplishment.
I developed a blood disorder where my immune system is attacking my platelets which causes severe fatigue daily amongst the billion other things. It is rough, but just have to keep pressing on.

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and I wish you nothing but success on your hunt! I will pray for your health. So unfortunate seeing the injuries after the vaccine. A lot of my peers are dealing with severe heart issues after having nothing but prime health their entire lives. Special forces dude who can run 10 miles being medded out due to the shot and its effects.

I developed a blood disorder where my immune system is attacking my platelets which causes severe fatigue daily amongst the billion other things. It is rough, but just have to keep pressing on.

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and I wish you nothing but success on your hunt! I will pray for your health. So unfortunate seeing the injuries after the vaccine. A lot of my peers are dealing with severe heart issues after having nothing but prime health their entire lives. Special forces dude who can run 10 miles being medded out due to the shot and its effects.
Sounds like ITP. Well I understand the fatigue aspect. MS fatigue is insane. I absolutely HATE getting out of bed in the morning. Which is a terrible curse for a hunter. Takes me at least an hour of moving around to start feeling halfway decent.

I know a handful of people who were vaxxed but none of them seem to be having any issues other than me. I do know a lot of people around the world have had issues, mostly cardiac.

Thanks again for sharing your story.